Listen up LG Nitro owners: we have some important news for you.
Now that I have the attention of all seven of you who bought this phone, here it is: Ice Cream Sandwich is coming to your handset on July 31st. Sing, rejoice, dance, and be merry.
The update will bring LG's Optimus UI 3.0 along for the ride, as well as many other new and improved features:
- New lock screen actions let you conveniently jump directly to a specific application without unlocking the homescreen.
- The redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor makes it easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos than ever before.
- An updated home screen folder and favorites tray that lets you group your apps and shortcuts logically by simply dragging one onto another.
- Enhanced multitasking capabilities let you instantly navigate from one task to another by leveraging a list in the System Bar that includes thumbnail images of all recently used apps. Just tap the thumbnail to resume using that app.
- Improved text input with an updated keyboard that supports faster text input and more accurate entries with better error correction and word suggestions.
- An app that helps you easily monitor your data usage.
- Face Unlock, a new screen-lock option that intelligently unlocks your device using facial recognition software.
The update will be made available by going here on your computer and performing the outlines steps once the update is live. Hooray!