The Android Police Podcast is back! And this week we have a fancy voice-over intro. Get excited.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Matthew Smith, Host
- Bob Severns, Editor, A/V, Button-presser
- David Ruddock, Co-host
- Cameron Summerson, Co-host
- Eric Ravenscraft, Co-host
- Sprint LTE is finally available in most of its launch markets. And they're promising an absolutely earth-shattering 6-8Mbps
- Meanwhile, Verizon has announced its bi-weekly LTE mega-expansion.
- AT&T has shared data now, and it might save you money. And probably really confuse your parents.
- Samsung is holding Unpacked 2012 Episode 2 (... Touch 4G LTE Barbeque Sauce Plus) in Berlin next month, expect a huge announcement.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- Fujifilm sued Motorola about patent things. Come on guys, Apple liked suing Android manufacturers before it was cool.
- Google wants to defend HTC against Nokia, Redditors immediately begin sending fruit baskets to presiding judge.
- A judge in the UK has told Apple it has to publicly state the Galaxy Tab 10.1 doesn't infringe on the iPad's design, presumably by having Tim Cook stand outside a Tesco for an entire afternoon wearing a giant sign.
- Google posts a changelog for Jelly Bean, manages to avoid using the phrase "bug fixes" anywhere on the entire page.
- Google Now vs. Siri: Stallions.
The Hotsheet (device news)
- Nexus 7 shipping stuff. Just read this.
- If you log into multiple accounts from the same Nexus 7, you can get another $25 Play Store credit. So that's cool.
- The Transformer Pad Infinity is in stock at Office Max and Amazon and it's not a Nexus 7 so I don't really care.
- The developer version of the Galaxy S III for Verizon is now available for all those people who said they would buy it to not buy it.
- T-Mobile Galaxy Note finally official, just in time to be obsolete!
- The LG Optimus Vu is headed to Verizon, but don't worry, you'll definitely see it coming.
- Sony has announced a new Android Walkman and it makes me sad.
- CyanogenMod 9 is on the Nexus Q, I tried flashing it to mine, but that's pretty difficult when I'm using it as a shelf ornament.
- CM9 RC2 is out for stuff.
- CyanogenMod 10 preview builds: GSIII (US), GSIII (Int.), Transformer / Transformer Prime