It seems like only yesterday when the best option for "gaming" on Android was throwing birds at pigs. We've come a long way since then and, thanks to modern hardware, the mobile device is quickly becoming the new console. Helping push that movement right along is a new game from Studio OnMars called Critical Strike Portable.
As you can probably guess from its name, Critical Strike Mobile is basically Counter Strike for your mobile device(s), albeit with a slight change: instead of using the Half-Life engine, Critical Strike is based off the Unity engine. The gameplay and graphics are absolutely incredible - it just doesn't feel like a mobile game.
Critical Strike Portable offers a host of features, including:
- Cross-platform 3D Multiplayer FPS MMO game (Local/Online) between web, iOS and Android!
- Single player mode: Player vs. Bots
- Smooth and responsive customizable touch controls
- All popular Game Types (Classic, zombie survival, Team Death Match, ect.)
- Customizable server settings: Player HP, player speed, zombie difficulty, modes: matrix mode, night mode, space mode, ect.)
- Free to Play (F2P)
- Dozens of unique maps (and more added continuously)
- Build and upload your own maps with Unity 3D
For those who just can't imagine playing a game like this with touch controls, Critical Strike Portable also supports the Zeemote Bluetooth game controller. Yes, the same one that we recently handed out to 1,000 lucky readers.
Oh, and one more thing: it's completely free to play; no in-app purchases, no freemium crap - just install and play. Get it below.