Welcome back to another edition of the Android Police Week In Review. It's like news inception. You can also catch a lot of these stories on our weekly podcast - available here, and broadcasting live every Thursday at 5:00 PM PST.
- LG Optimus 4X HD: Needs more acronyms. And to generally be better.
- Some sort of case for the EVO 4G LTE. And some for the One X.
- Verizon has finally unveiled its shared data plans, and of course this has upset nearly everyone.
- Sprint's making a mobile payment service of its own, because WiMAX went so well.
- The RAZR HD has been caught on blurry-cam. Again. And, once again, provides basically no useful information. So it's sort of like bigfoot.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- Judge Posner puts patent pissing war on hold.
- Apple won't be delaying the launch of the Galaxy S III - they're happy to try and disrupt it a month after the launch.
- Andy Rubin isn't leaving Google, despite some guy saying he was. Shocking.
- Yes, iOS and Android are still on pretty even footing, please lower your pitchforks.
- Why Android's biggest threat is Microsoft. Because Xbox, basically.
The Hotsheet (device news)
- The Galaxy S III's super secret covert engineering development process has been revealed... by Samsung. Right.
- No extra Dropbox gee-bees for the GS3 on AT&T and Verizon, because they wouldn't want to make their customers too happy.
- The Xperia Ion is coming to AT&T on June 24th, right around the time of the Galaxy S III. So it's basically like a knife at a machine gun fight - cheaper, but that's not exactly going to change much.
- Sony announced some more Android phones, and honestly, I can't be bothered to name them.
- HTC says it won't be making any more "cheap, cheap" phones. Just cheap ones. Glad that's settled.
- Some One X units are having major hardware Wi-Fi problems. And EVO 4G LTEs are getting display light bleed. So no cheap, cheap phones, but cheap assembly is A-OK!
- Somebody let an Australian play with a Transformer Pad Infinity and oh god he's describing the design of the box.
- Acer's making a new 10.1" tablet called the A700, in no way meant to coincide with the launch of ASUS's new 10.1" Transformer. Nope.
- The Galaxy Note 10.1 briefly showed its face on Amazon, but seriously, how could you miss it? It's just not as funny when it's not a phone anymore.
- CyanogenMod 7.2 is now available for a bunch-o-phones.
- Device updates: Galaxy S II (T-Mo), Transformer Prime, DROID Bionic.
- Max Payne for Android: party like it's 2001.
- Microsoft made an Xbox Live app for Android, reasons to buy a Windows Phone now decreased by one.
- Babel Rising 3D, it's a casual game Android can actually be proud of (read: not Angry Birds).
- Zombies, Run! Is now available for Android - get fit while evading the walking dead (but seriously, that show sucks now).
- Build your own floating apps - unlike floating kidneys, they're surprisingly cool and won't kill you!
In Other News