- Featured App
- Tasks N Todos - ToDo List Manager
- AfterFocus Pro
- AI:Dial - smarter phone dialer
- TuneWiki Lyric Lock Screen
- Open Garden
- MiHome Launcher by MIUI
- Holo Launcher
- viewdini by Verizon
- Trust - Event Logger
- Samo Coloring for Kids
- U.S. Open Golf Championship
- StayInTouch Call Reminder
- Live Wallpapers
- Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
The Pro version of AfterFocus is here. As far as I can tell, it adds the following features:
1. Hi-resolution image up to 2048 pixels
2. Smooth transition from the focused area to the background by Edge-feathering
3. More filters
4. Double photo
Bring DSLR-like Photography to Your Smartphone. With AfterFocus, you can create DSLR-style background blurred photo by simply selecting focus area. Also, various filter effects offer you to create the most natural and realistic photo. Selecting a focus area more precisely, you can achieve more natural and professional image. Just mark the areas you want, AfterFocus automatically recognizes the focus area precisely even for an object with complex shapes. This auto function allows you to work faster on smart phones with small screen. Also, background blur effect of AfterFocus gives a photo the realistic look between the edge of the background and the focus area.
AI:Dial - smarter phone dialer
AI:Dial is like Swiftkey but for your dialer - it learns as you use your phone to call people and starts floating the contacts you call more to the top when you start typing. If you have a lot of contacts, this app might just be exactly what you're looking for.
No more tapping numbers - let the AI figure it out. This app is a replacement phone dialer, that attempts to make using your phone more intuitive. At its heart (or 'brain', if you prefer), there is a statistical Artificial Intelligence module that learns how you use your phone, and tries to use that knowledge to show you relevant contacts to call. A smart dialer for a smart phone user - understands how *you* stay in touch with your contacts. You don't have to star contacts, remember the numbers, save numbers under different names etc - the app figures it all out. Moreover, it keeps learning, so it predicts better over time (adaptive learning with concept drift, since you asked). Simple interface - 1 phone, 1 list, 1 keypad, 1 microphone. 0 annoying adverts. But of course, you are far too smart to be totally predictable; so the dialer also includes a powerful search facility, including searching by speaking the contact's name.
~ Natural interface for single-tap calling.
~ Contacts display intelligently ordered according to 'relevance'.
~ No need to star or favourite contacts - AI figures it out.
~ Search contacts just by speaking the name.
~ T9 style search also supported, on names and numbers.
~ Natural handling of contacts with multiple numbers.
~ Function to store new numbers elegantly.
~ Send contact numbers via SMS.
~ Send full contact details via e-mail, Bluetooth etc.
~ Support for a a whole range of regional number formats.
~ Multiple themes for an elegant look. No clutter.
~ Simple, chunky interface to cope with clumsy fingers.
~ Conservative permissions, so you know your data is secure.
~ No annoying adverts.
Android Police coverage: Official Ticketmaster App Hits The Play Store, Lets You Impulse Buy Nicki Minaj Tickets On The Go
Since when is "onsales" a word, Ticketmaster? This might have just topped the usage of the word "ask" as a noun in my Annoying Things Ignorant People Say book.
What are you doing tonight? Get the tickets you want on the go with the Ticketmaster app now available for Android. The Ticketmaster app connects you to your favorite events and lets you purchase on the go. Plus:
- Get mobile alerts about onsales and last-minute tickets for your favorite events
- Browse and search for more concerts, games, and other events in your area
- Get the new Ticketmaster App now and find the fun you’ve been missing
TuneWiki Lyric Lock Screen
TuneWiki Lyric Lock Screen - Lyrics and playback to your music. See scrolling lyrics and use music playback controls from TuneWiki on your lock screen. Share lyrics, search the internet, open your most recent apps or call back your friends too.
Android Police coverage: ESPNsoccernet Hits The Play Store, Feeds Your Football Addiction
The official ESPNsoccernet App brings you access to the most comprehensive football coverage from around the globe. The app will bring you all the action from the Euros including news, scores, game summary and player stats. Additionally localised language editions, including US English, UK English and Spanish make it even easier to enjoy the action.
- Comprehensive football coverage. The latest football news and features, as well as live scores, commentary, Gamecast, match stats, fixtures and results, league tables, player and club profiles.
- All major leagues & tournaments from around the world as well as international football and all major football tournaments.
- Personalisation. Customise the app to follow scores and news of your favourite teams, leagues and tournaments.
- Push Notifications (Coming Soon). Stay up to date with Euro 2012, or any other of your favourite events, with push alerts for goals, substitutions, discipline, half time and full time results.
- Video. The latest video and podcasts from our global coverage of the game, including ESPNsoccernet Press Pass.
- Intuitive design. The app features a simple, clear interface that allows you to quickly switch between scores, news and video from multiple leagues.
This here, ladies and gentlemen, is the future of mobile connectivity. The developers are absolutely brilliant, and if you watch one video from this roundup, let it be this one.
Open Garden interconnects devices to form a wireless peer-to-peer mesh network that provides Internet access. Simply install Open Garden on your Android phone and on your laptop, and devices automatically connect:
http://opengarden.com. Your laptop can now access mobile Internet coming from your phone anywhere it has no Wi-Fi. Like tethering, but with no buttons to press and nothing to configure. When more devices running Open Garden are nearby, they all connect into a mesh network. The Open Garden app is completely free.
This Tasker challenger is built by Microsoft (say whaaat?) but the weirdness doesn't stop there - they're using Facebook exclusively for logins. Don't want to login with Facebook - then you can't use the app. Ridiculous, I know. And so does everyone else on the planet:
The app might be great, but until it gets rid of the exclusive Facebook login option, its rating is going to continue to do this ^^. Microsoft said it's working on adding more authentication methods, so stay tuned if you still care.
MiHome Launcher by MIUI
The launcher linked below is for Android 4.0+. If you are running 2.3, use this version instead.
MiHome Launcher can make your Android phone easy to use and super fast! It is a major feature of MIUI, which is one of the most popular Android ROMs in the world.
- Design for Android 4.0: Make Ice Cream Sandwich tasty
- Easy to Use: Just install and ready to go
- All-On-Home: All apps are on the homescreen
- Thousands Themes: Themes, Icon Packs and more
- Multi-Screens: Support over 10 screens
- MiLocker Inside: Unlock your phone as you like it
- Switches Widget: Change settings by one touch
- The Cool One: Fancy Homescren transition effect
If you don't have ICS yet but really want the launcher, you can flash a custom ROM or just get this app.
ICS Launcher for Android 2.2+. Simple, powerful, fast and highly customizable home replacement, based on Android 4.0.4 ICS Launcher.
- Full ICS Style
ICS Icons, Folders, Outlines, Drawer Tabs, etc.
- Custom Desktop Pages/Grid
Up to 9 desktop pages and 10 x 10 grid.
- Custom Drawer Portrait/landscape Grid
Set different drawer grid for portrait and landscape screen.
- Scrollable Dock
Up to 7 icons per page and up to 3 pages.
- Infinite Scrolling
Loop through your desktop/drawer/dock continuously.
Swipe up/down on desktop to launch apps quickly.
- Customizable shortcut/folder icons
Long press to edit shortcut/folder icons and labels, support ADW icon pack.
- Desktop Previews
Pinch to access desktop previews.
- Backup and Restore
Backup and restore your settings and shortcuts.
- Other Customization Options
Keep in memory, home key action, hide apps in drawer, hide labels, etc.
viewdini by Verizon
Introducing viewdini - an innovative video discovery portal that creates a new entertainment choice for consumers by making it simple to search, browse, and access movies, television shows, and free web video on mobile devices. Viewdini acts as a next generation mobile guide that makes it easy for users to enjoy thousands of titles from leading content providers including Netflix, Hulu Plus, mSpot, TV sites, movie studios, and cable operators including Comcast’s Xfinity TV. By simply searching for a title, topic, or star’s name, viewdini will let you know which services have mobile video for streaming, and whether it is available at no additional charge, by subscription, to rent or for purchase. A simple touch will also provide related content and information like cast and crew, filmography, critic & user scores, reviews, and links to similar titles.
Trust - Event Logger
Hey, not a bad idea for the paranoid audit-loving kinds.
Trust is good, but sometimes control is better. Trust keeps a small log of events for you. Whether it is app changes, people using your phone or missing calls, Trust will tell you what happened and when.
Events currently include:
- Installed/deleted/replaced/restarted/cleared apps
- Power connect/disconnect
- Screen on/off events
- Lockscreen events
- Loss of wifi/cell connectivity
- Removed media
Multi-sport Heart Rate Training App. GPS mapping & much more. Track your cardio workouts indoors & out – runs, rides, Spin and other cardio exercises like rowing and elliptical. Map your outdoor runs and rides, record your time, distance, speed and more, then share your results and progress with Facebook, Twitter or via email. Add a Polar Wearlink+ Bluetooth Classic heart rate monitor for real-time heart rate and training feedback. Once you’ve added a heart rate monitor, you unlock the real power and beauty in our app. Enjoy great cardio workouts and track your health effortlessly with iCardio.
- Track Heart Rate with Real-Time Charting
Cardio is what we live for! Get the most out of your iCardio experience by monitoring your heart rate zones (aerobic, anaerobic, etc.) using the real-time chart, in depth analysis and more.
- Calories Based on Your Heart Rate Intensity
Our calorie algorithms are driven by heart rate and factor in your height, weight, age, gender and fitness level – the only way to get accurate Calorie burn numbers.
- Track Distance, Time, Pace/Speed and Splits
Track your workouts and see your progress real-time with easy-to-read metric screens. Swipe through to see maps, charts, and other stats.
- Complete Route Mapping
See your routes and progress real-time with an overlay of key metrics. View all your past routes in results. Zoom in and out for more details.
- Listen to Voice Feedback as you Workout
Hear pace / speed, distance and elapsed time when you reach selected distance or time milestones (ex. every mile or every 5 minutes). Male or Female voices available.
- See Your Results and Charts for All Workouts
View overall stats (pace/speed, distance, time duration and more) as well as pace charts, route maps, and split breakouts.
- Share Results, Charts and Maps
E-mail your workout results or post them to Facebook or Twitter. Export to .CSV files and analyze your data in depth.
- Sync Data to the Web and View Online
Never lose your data with automatic cloud back up. Syncs all devices so you have all your data on your iPhones, iPods and iPads, and a bigger view of you online.
Music and running naturally united. DjRun plays your own music, picking songs that match your running or walking tempo. It's as simple as hitting play. DjRun Pro can even adapt the playback tempo like a real DJ, following your stride rate! While mainly targeted towards running, DjRun works with all sports that exhibit steady repetitive movement, like walking, hiking, cycling, rope-skipping, rollerskating, rowing, fitness ...
How does it work? DjRun uses the accelerometers in your phone to analyze your movement. From this it calculates your stride rate, expressed in steps/minute. It then plays the songs that match this tempo, magically providing the satisfying sensation of running to the beat. To do this, DjRun needs to know the tempo of your songs, expressed in Beats Per Minute (BPM). DjRun is capable to detect this by itself using various methods. Although it can take quite a while, the app is fully functional while analyzing your music, allowing you to run to the songs that are already tempo-detected. If all automated song tempo detection methods fail, it is still possible to manually tap the tempo on-screen from within the song browser.
Samo Coloring for Kids
Now this is a developer who understands what users want - the app is polished, robust, well designed, and the descriptions even has an "extra features for geeks" section. I've also spoken to the developer, and he was quite responsive to a new feature I pitched. If you have kids, this is definitely an app to get.
Interactive finger painting coloring book for kids. No ads. Pure simplicity. Your children will enjoy hours of learning and entertainment as they finger paint gorgeous, professionally-designed illustrations using a rich color palette and just those little fingers! And best of all, it's so easy to use your child will start creating without any instruction. It’s the perfect tool to enhance your child's creativity, fine motor skills, and sense of color.
* Two types of illustrations and coloring modes:
* FILL drawings allow kids to paint different areas of an illustration just by tapping their favorite colors.
* DRAW mode lets tiny fingers paint *only* within the lines for fine motor development and beautiful final illustrations.
* Swipe left or right to move between illustration sets. There are drawings with and without borders for varying artistic styles.
* Comes with 3 free sets (27 professional illustrations total). More free and paid sets are available in our store and will be added regularly, so check back!
* Colors are divided into palettes of 5 complementary colors to keep it simple and focus on the drawing at hand. Swipe left/right to change palettes (30 different colors in all).
* Choose from full pages to color or fill in black and white drawings on a lush, painted background.
* Undo/Redo mistakes.
* Save to gallery to keep a record of your child's art.
Why KIDS love it
* Fun interface with no distractions — just color and create!
* Large, identifiable touch areas make it easy for childish fingers.
* Beautiful, professional illustrations designed just for them.
* Kid-tested. Just the features they love without any confusion.
Why PARENTS love it
* No ads
* No popups
* No accidental purchases
Extra features for geeks
* Vector-based, pixel-perfect images
* Minimal app size
* Move to SD card supported
Secure lock screens are great for privacy but they can also work against you in case your phone is lost or if you get yourself in an emergency situation. misHaps gives you a way to display your contact information for whomever finds your phone as well as those of a person to reach in case of emergency, all while keeping the device securely locked. misHaps is designed to be as non intrusive as possible. It will only show the above information if your device is locked and after a delay that you can set in the preferences. Adjust this delay to work best with your screen timeout settings and your phone usage habits.
It's kind of ugly, but I love the idea - the stuff you use the most is bigger, the rest gets out of the way. Brilliantly simple.
Tagy is a set of widgets that will organize your apps, bookmarks, contacts and settings into tag clouds on your home screen. Tagy presents icon-free interface for those who love minimalistic text design and want a new look for their Android. Tag cloud items will grow or shrink based on click frequency, allowing important items to stand out and unimportant items to fade. Widgets come in multiple sizes, so you can arrange them freely on your smartphone or tablet screen, creating attractive layouts.
Android Police coverage: [New App] InFoto Generates Beautiful And Informative Infographics From Your Pictures
Android Photo Infographic Generator. Photo stats analyzer. Create awesome looking high-res infographics from your photos. Have you ever wondered what time of day you prefer to take photos? How about whether you prefer horizontal or vertical orientation? What about your favorite city? Well, look no further! InFoto creates gorgeous infographics from your photos in seconds. With a single tap InFoto create awesome infographics that visualize:
- What continents, countries, and even cities you take your photos in
- What time of day you prefer to take photos
- What days of the week, month, and overall days you are most active at taking photos
- Other information such as ISO, shutter speed, flash usage, camera orientation, etc...
U.S. Open Golf Championship
Android Police coverage: Official U.S. Open Golf Championship App Released With Live Video, Scoring Updates And ESPN Radio
The United States Golf Association is pleased to present the official Android application for the 2012 U.S. Open Golf Championship at The Olympic Club in San Francisco, California, June 11-17, 2012.
- LIVE video from the U.S. Open Championship, including exclusive marquee group coverage. On demand highlights will also be available throughout Championship week. All video will be viewable with Edge, 3G, and Wifi connections. Live video is available to view in the United States only.
Exclusive LIVE marquee groups and dedicated hole coverage from the Championship, plus on demand highlights.
LIVE real-time scoring updates from the Championship, including the Leaderboard and Starting Times.
Latest news updates from the Championship.
Latest photos of the day's action.
Full course details and flyover videos from The Olympic Club.
Biographies for the U.S. Open field.
Fans can stream live ESPN Radio coverage, and submit questions to be answered on-air by ESPN commentators via Inside The Ropes, presented by American Express.
Android Police coverage: NextCall Helps You Keep Track Of Important Contacts You Haven't Called In A While
Nextcall is the best way of tracking how often you're calling your clients, or perhaps, even your mother. It's a simple tool that creates a queue, which identifies how long it's been since you last spoke to that important customer, or the close friend you don't call as often as you should.
- FOR BUSINESS
Talking to customers regularly, is the best way of building relationships, and winning business. Nextcall is a simple and fun tool for sales people to manage how long it's been since you've spoken to your clients, and warn you when it's been too long since you spoke.
- FOR FRIENDS & FAMILY.
You don't call your mum as often as you should. You know that. Your cousin, the one who lives in Oakland, he needs love now and then too. Nextcall lets you manage your relationships, and earmark the ones that you haven't spoken to the longest.
Nextcall ranks your contact list, placing the contacts who haven't been called the longest at the top, and shows you how long its been since you last spoke, giving you a list of the 'next calls' you should make.
StayInTouch Call Reminder
Similarly to NextCall, StayInTouch Call Reminder tries to accomplish the same task of figuring out who you're getting out of touch with, but uses a different and I would maybe argue more useful interface. Really, if you're in the market for a reminder app of this kind, check out both and pick the one you like most.
Effortlessly stay in touch with sales contacts, friends and family. StayInTouch is a fresh take on call reminders and contact managers. Instead of a call back date you simply set a maximum number of days between calls. StayInTouch will keep track of inbound and outbound calls and notify you when you are getting out of touch. Use it for clients, relatives, old friends or anyone that you don't want to lose contact with.