Welcome back to the Android Police Podcast, where we've occasionally been known to sometimes actually talk about Android. On this week's episode: Galaxy S III US invasion, patent slap-fights, and turduckens. Last night was also our first live episode, and you'll be able to catch us live every week here on out every Thursday at 5PM PST / 8PM EST.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- AT&T wants to let you stream Netflix without it counting against your data plan. Presumably, this has absolutely enraged everyone.
- AT&T also wants to change your entire phone plan to one big data plan. Please, lower your expectations now.
- Google+ Events is going to do something with themes. I don't know - Ron's been digging around in apk's again.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- Surprise, surprise, Apple's suing HTC for patent infringement again. The M. Night Shyamalan twist? It's the same patent!
- Oh, and Apple says the Galaxy S III is going to kill babies or something, because why else would they be freaking out over it so much?
- Google Maps - in threeeeeeeeeeeee deeeeeeeeeeeeee. And offline maps, too.
- Google bought QuickOffice, so expect the Drive app's spreadsheet editing to stop sucking quite so much. Next year.
The Hotsheet (device news)
- Verizon gets a Galaxy S III, AT&T gets a Galaxy S III, Sprint and T-Mobile get Galaxy S III's, EVERYBODY GETS A GALAXY S III!
- And that's important, and I wrote some words about it.
- There will be no delay of the blue Galaxy S III in the US, even though Samsung totally blue that in Europe.
- Dropping a Galaxy S III, surprisingly, will break it. More at 11.
- The Galaxy Note 10.1 gets some face time. There's an Apple joke in there somewhere.
- ViewSonic's 22" Android screen will surely enhance your, uh, I mean make it easier to, well, it's big. So that's good.
- ASUS has made some sort of Frankenstein's monster Android-Windows hybrid. Toaster not included.
- Acer has made some new tablets. They're new. And cheap.
- Crash Bandicoot could be headed to your HTC One series phone soon enough.
- Sony's recent update to the SmartWatch has now made it a StupidWatch. Escalator now temporarily stairs.
- Device Updates: VZW XOOM, MOTOACTV, T-Mo Galaxy S II, Google TVs (Sony and Logitech).
- Microsoft made an app for scripting actions on Android. This is the part where you laugh.
- Zombie game zombie game zombie game. And some other stuff.
In Other News
- Tactus: the first touchscreen that touches you back. Creepy.
- Intel did some kind of wireless charging thing with a Fascinate and a laptop and it's actually pretty cool.
- Qualcomm is working on an LTE chip with more frequencies so you can have moar gees on more carriers.
- NVIDIA's Kai platform is important, and you should read this article about it.