Alongside Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile, Sprint has announced that it, too, will be carrying the next Galaxy in just a few short weeks. As far as we can tell, the device will be unbranded aside from the standard Sprint logos, but we've yet to confirm this (Sprint has not provided images).
Yesterday, we'd heard from Samsung that the device would be coming to five carriers in the US, and with Sprint's announcement, we're now up to all five. Sprint's will be the only Galaxy S III in the US to come with Google Wallet pre-loaded on the device, which makes sense, as AT&T, VZW, and T-Mobile are all members of the ISIS mobile payment platform alliance. Sprint's will also be the only to offer "truly unlimited" 4G LTE. You know, as soon as Sprint has a 4G LTE network up and running. Which could be a while.
Anyways, you can pick up your Sprint Galaxy S III on June 21st, while pre-order will begin tomorrow, June 5.
Check out the full press release below:
Samsung Galaxy S III Comes to Sprint, the Only Wireless Carrier to Offer the Device with Unlimited Data Pricing Plan And Google Wallet Pre-Loaded on the Device, on June 21
Pre-order begins June 5 at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii
Manufactured by Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile), Galaxy S III is powered by Android™ 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich, and boasts a brilliant 4.8-inch HD Super AMOLED™ touchscreen and access to the Sprint 4G LTE network when it launches later this year.
Sprint is the only national U.S. wireless carrier to offer Galaxy S III preloaded with Google Wallet™ enabling the phone to act like a personal wallet using Near Field Communication (NFC) to make safe purchases at more than 100,000 participating retailers.
Samsung Galaxy S III will be offered in a 16GB version for $199.99 and 32GB version for $249.99 (excluding taxes) with a new line or eligible upgrade and two-year service agreement at Sprint Stores, Sprint Business Sales, Telesales (1-800-SPRINT1) and Web Sales (www.sprint.com). The 32GB version will be available exclusively through Web Sales.
Customers can pre-order the device beginning Tuesday, June 5, at www.sprint.com/galaxysiii. It will be available in two color options – Pebble Blue and Marble White.
Galaxy S III offers the speed of a 1.5GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM for multitasking, amazing graphics and rich HD multimedia content. It also has two cameras – an 8-megapixel rear-facing zero shutter-lag camera with LED flash, 1080p video capture, intelligent camera features and facial recognition and 1.9-megapixel front-facing camera. New features designed to make the phone easier to use include:
- S Voice™ is the advanced natural language user interface that enables search and basic device-user communication. It can be used to turn the volume up or down on the music player, answer or reject incoming calls, shut off or choose to snooze the alarm clock, or take a picture by saying “smile” or “cheese.”
- Motion simplifies the user experience by understanding the motion of the user. If the user is messaging but decides to call the person instead, they simply lift the phone to the ear and ‘Direct Call’ will dial the phone number. Motion includes quick camera access, missed event alert, double tap to top of list, screen shot, quick pause, quick rotate, turn over to mute, shake to refresh, and raise phone to ear to make a call from messaging.
- Smart Stay uses facial recognition technology and the front-facing camera to identify the user’s eyes. Smart Stay disables screen timeout if device detects the user’s eyes are looking at the screen. Galaxy S III is “smart” enough to recognize the user is reading an e-book or browsing the web and maintains a bright display for easier viewing.
Galaxy S III also takes sharing to a new level by making it faster and easier to share pictures, videos and presentations between devices or with friends and groups of people.
- S Beam expands on Android Beam™ to enhance device-to-device sharing through NFC technology by adding the ability to sharephotos, videos, documents and other DRM-free content to Android Beam. This allows a 1GB file to be shared within minutes and a 10MB file within seconds by simply touching another Galaxy S III phone.
- AllShare® Play allows users to wirelessly connect Galaxy S III to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi®. It also allows the user to remotely access files on up to six Samsung devices.
- AllShare Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Share Shot allows photos to be easily and simultaneously shared with a group of friends directly from the camera using device-to-device Wi-Fi Direct.