It's that time again - the Android Police Podcast is back for another week of all things Android in an easy-to-digest audio format. This time, we're talking ASUS-nexus-Tegra-tablet-gate, sums of parts, and Oracle ass-kickings. As always, you can listen to us on Soundcloud or via one of numerous subscription options (yes, we have RSS).
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Eric says you shouldn't expect your smartphone to be revolutionary. I guess Samsung should cancel its plans for the Galaxy Che Guevara.
- The Galaxy S III and three other phones I don't care enough about to include in this sentence are coming to T-Mobile. Soon.
- ViewSonic is going to debut the world's first tablet designed exclusively to piss off Toshiba.
- Somebody at ASUS has apparently gotten hold of a copy of Maya and is attempting to tease god knows what sort of tablet-phone reversible toaster they've come up with.
- ASUS Nexus 7-inch $200 tablet. Unlike the 49ers going to the next Super Bowl, this was not part of a dream I had last night.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- HTC's quarrel with US Customs is at an end, and I'm being told we now have footage of the devices on their way to retailers.
- The EVO 4G LTE will officially, finally, be coming to an electronics bazaar near you, June 2nd.
- Oracle just got lawyered. Or judged, I guess. Whatever - GOOGLE WINS.
- Galaxy Nexcessories - now available on the Play Store.
The Hotsheet (device news)
- The Samsung Galaxy S III has begun its quest for world domination. Of sales.
- Sony's made some phones you can drop in the toilet.
- Orange has announced the San Diego, which will presumably be unemployed, sit around talking about learning to surf, and this awesome fish taco place no one's ever heard of that you should totally try.
- Sony says no Ice Cream Sandwich for the Xperia Play. What's that? I think I just faintly heard sound of the final nail being driven into a coffin.
- Device Updates: Sensation XL, Exhibit II 4G, Conquer 4G, Sony Smartwatch, T-Mobile One S.
- Holy crap the Huawei Ascend P1 is boring.
- Flipboard is coming to all Android devices (that haven't already just gotten the apk).
- FolderSync: if this app doesn't give you enough control over how your device syncs files, you should probably get help. Clinical help.
In Other News
- A bunch of people have put CyanogenMod on a bunch of things.