Update 5/31/12: Verizon is pushing out this 4.0.4 update to devices now.
Galaxy Nexus LTE owners, listen up: the day you all have been waiting on is finally coming. Yes, I'm talking about the update to Android 4.0.4.
Verizon just pushed details of the update to the GN's support page, which means that the update is imminent. Aside from .4, the update also brings a handful of enhancements:
Email, Messaging & Data
- Email messages will display properly when the text size is set to large.
- When sending a multimedia message to an Outlook email address, the file extension will send, allowing the recipient to successfully open an image.
- Successfully deleted emails on the device will be deleted from the desktop as well.
- Successfully send text messages without experiencing network connectivity issues.
- When viewing a Calendar reminder or appointment, you will now be able to view the full notes associated with the appointment.
- A down arrow has been added in the Calendar application that will expand the calendar message body, allowing you to view the entire message.
- Successfully turn on Wi-Fi using the Power Control widget.
- Updates have been made to prevent the display from freezing or becoming unresponsive.
- Complete calls without experiencing choppy audio, clicking noises and one-way audio noises.
- Succesfully access Voicemail and other automated systems without error.
As you may recall, this update actually hit Google's servers last week, but was quickly removed. After all the kerfuffle, though, it's finally time for GN owners on VZW to get what they should've gotten long ago.
We'll make sure to update as soon as the update begins rolling out.