Alright, control freaks (otherwise known as "my people"), this one's for you. FolderSync is a fantastic little app we've just discovered that lets users sync folders between local storage and a number of online storage services. The app supports one- or two-way sync and provides a host of settings to tweak the app to all your sync needs.
Sync can be done on a schedule or when a folder changes. The user can also control how the app handles overwriting old files, whether to delete missing files, syncing of subfolders, and even to utilize MD5 checksums when syncing. The app works over 3G/4G, although this is disabled by default to preserve your precious geebees.
FolderSync supports the following online storage services and protocols:
The free version only allows one account type to be used for syncing, but the paid version allows an unlimited number of cloud services to be used, as well as enabling support for sync filters and Tasker integration. Here's a more complete list of all the features of the full and free versions:
- Instant (full version)
- Multiple accounts (full version)
- File manager - manage your cloud files
- Amazon S3 Client Side Encryption support
- Tasker/locale support (full version)
- User defined sync filters (full version)
- Sync to and from you selected provider
- Two-way sync with support for deletions
- Backup/restore settings
- User specified sync interval or specific sync times
- Choose connection types for each sync item
- Support for syncing of subfolders
- Sync of hidden files can be disabled
- No ads (full version)
This app might be overkill for some users, but if you have a need to augment your phone's storage, manage very particular backup schemes, or just want a powerful app to sync your media, we've never found one more powerful than this. Free and paid versions are available via their respective widgets below.
Oh, FolderSync. Where have you been all my life?