- Featured App
- Calculations Pro
- Total Commander
- Vlingo Labs (Beta)
- Measure It
- Google Voice Full Integration *root*
- Screen junkE
- Future Scheduler
- JumiAmp Lite
- Safe In Cloud
- GameStop Mobile Android
- Smart Feed Reader
- Delivery.com Food Delivery
- Color Splash FX
- Real Colors Pro
- Someecards Free
- Roland-Garros® 2012
- T-Mobile Refill
- Live Wallpapers
- Cubescape 3D Live Wallpaper
- Stripe ICS LWP
- Swiss Clock by doubleTwist
- WTF Apps Of The Week
- Run, Tweet, Run!
- Whoop That Trick
- S Voice
- Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you enjoy this roundup, feel free to upvote and comment on Reddit.
Today's roundup is sponsored by Calculations, a 5-in-1 tool with a clean UI inspired by the ICS guidelines. Here's what it has:
- calculator (with advanced functions for Pro users)
- currency converter with real-time conversion of up to 10 currencies
- measurement converter with real-time conversion of length, area, temperature, volume, weight, and time
- mortgage calculator (with advanced options for Pro users)
- tipping calculator
Grab the free version or upgrade to the 99c Pro version to unlock the Pro features that I mentioned above.
Android Police coverage: [New App] Turntable.fm For Android: It's Finally Here!
turntable lets you play music together with your friends and other people online. Each DJ takes a turn playing a song and the entire virtual room hears the song. You can vote on whether the song is awesome or lame and if it receives too many lame votes, it gets skipped. turntable is also truly social. You can chat with people in your room or fan your favorite DJs so that you can find them later. Help people discover new great music or just sit around and listen to the best curated music experience online.
Android Police coverage: [New App] Hojoki Combines Your Favorite Cloud Productivity Services Into One Handy News Feed
Make all your cloud apps work as one. One newsfeed for your Google Docs, Dropbox, Evernote and many other apps. See what’s going on in your productivity apps. Be informed and never miss updates again.
☆ Integrate all your favourite productivity apps
☆ See everything that’s going on in one facebook-like newsfeed
☆ Be informed. React faster.
☆ Comes with a comprehensive webapp to boost your productivity when working at your desk.
☆ Works with Google Docs & Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox, Evernote, Highrise, CloudApp, Delicious, Google Reader, Google Contacts, Basecamp, Twitter, Zendesk, Mendeley, Pivotal Tracker, Github, Ta-Da List and Beanstalk.
Notifications when it is time to leave to make it to your events on time. Never be late again.
- Syncs with your Google Calendar
- Choose Driving, Biking, or Walking
- Calculates travel time from your location to events in your Calendar
- Gives a notification when it is time to leave if you want to be there on time
MP3dit is a tag editor for MP3 files. This app can search for album art; fix split albums and song order; and change the artist, album and genre of all your songs. MP3dit can also edit entire albums or groups of files at the same time.
- Edits the mp3 file so that any changes you make will stay with the file, even if the phone is turned off, or the file moves to another device.
- Edits the Android MediaStore so changes made to the mp3 file are automatically shown in all media players, without having to turn the phone off and on again
- Split albums will in most cases be automatically joined, just by selecting both albums and saving (As long as the Album Artist and the Album are set to the same thing)
- Adds/Edits Album Art, which can be found by taping the album artwork for a simple Google Image search, or a manual Google image search by long clicking on the Album Artwork
- Adds/Edits Song Title when only a single song is selected
- Adds/Edits Artist, Album Artist, Album
- Adds/Edits Genre which is shown as the actual Genre name, not a number that represents a genre, or you can choose a custom genre
- Edits song order through an easy to use drag and drop list
- Songs can be selected individually, or they can be selected as a group, or as a a set or groups of albums.
Even if you're not looking for an expense tracking app, download CoinKeeper just to check out its UI. Oh my - pretty doesn't begin to describe it.
Famous budget tracking app now on Android. Plan your budget and savings. Find out where your money goes. Enjoy the fastest way to track daily expenses using a comprehensive one-screen view of your finances.
✔ Quick start with autobudgeting mode
✔ Multiple accounts and currencies
✔ Add transactions in couple of seconds - just drag a coin from the account you want to charge into an expense category
✔ The fill level and color of each expense category instantly shows where you’re overspending
✔ Reminders of upcoming bills & recurring transactions
✔ Financial goals help you save money for things you’re dreaming about
✔ Subcategories provide details on exactly how you spent your money
✔ Captivating game mechanics stimulate smart budgeting
✔ Password protection of your data
➜ One-screen overview of your finances
➜ Sync & backup
➜ One-click history of transactions
➜ Reports & statistics
AROMA is the first app of its kind I've ever seen. It's a file manager... for ClockworkMod recovery. You fire it up by simply having CWM perform a familiar "install zip from SD" and pointing to AROMA's zip file. AROMA can be downloaded from this XDA post.
Android Police coverage:
- Total Commander For Android v1.0 And All Its Plugins Finally Enter The Play Store
- Total Commander For Android Graduates From Release Candidates To Final v1.0, Will No Longer Expire When You Need It Most
- Tip: How To Enable Writing To Read-Only Partitions (Remount R/W) In Total Commander For Android
Yay, TC is finally in the Play Store, and so are all of its plugins!
Android version of the desktop file manager Total Commander.
- Copy, Move whole subdirs
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
- Properties dialog, change permissions
- Built-in text editor
- Search function (also for text)
- Select/unselect groups of files
- Select by tapping on file icons
- List of installed Apps (built-in plugin)
- FTP client (plugin)
- WebDAV (Web folders) (plugin)
- LAN access (plugin)
- Root support for the main functions
- Send files via Bluetooth (OBEX)
- Thumbnails for pictures
- Two panels side by side, or virtual two panel mode
- Directory history
- Configurable button bar for changing directories, internal commands, launching apps, and sending shell commands
- Simple help function in English, German, Russian, Ukrainian and Czech
- Supported languages of the main program: English, German, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese and Ukrainian
Vlingo Labs (Beta)
We know S-Voice on the Galaxy S III is powered by Vlingo, so it's really interesting to see this new beta Vlingo app that mentions a new UI and a new, more natural and conversational way to interact. "Hi Vlingo" - yeah, I can totally see this turn into a full-blown S-Voice-like app in the future.
Vlingo Labs is sort of our version of a product "test kitchen" where we try out new ideas before we put them on the menu for everyone to enjoy. We're looking for Beta testers who have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) to provide feedback on new design and functionality. For this version we have added an awesome (we think so at least) new design, and a more conversational, natural way to interact with your Assistant. You might also notice that we have virtually eliminated the need to ever touch your phone in order to complete a task. That's a level of freedom that other assistants simply don't provide.
Although we have some amazing additions, you will notice that this app is a little rougher around the edges and has a more limited feature set than our full Virtual Assistant. That's done intentionally, as we're really looking to get initial impressions from our early adopters. You can provide direct feedback from within the app, or you can offer thoughts via reviews. We will be listening, and plan to have frequent releases to quickly improve your experience. So please use the app as you normally would, have fun exploring, and let us know what you think.
This version supports:
* Text messaging
* Voice dialing
* Web search
* Wake Up Word (say "Hi Vlingo" to activate)
* English language only
This app had a 15-30% discount (depending on day and hour) at one of my favorite local restaurants, so I was sold almost instantly. However, right now it only works in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington DC.
Savored saves you up to 40% off your food and drink at hundreds of great restaurants across the country – your reservations are confirmed instantly, and best of all – they’re free! Use Savored to save with top restaurants in and around Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington DC. The more you eat and drink, the more you save. Best yet? No coupons. Savored, an exclusive partner of OpenTable and ZAGAT, helps restaurants fill tables by offering Savored members uncapped discounts to dine at specific times. So whether you’re planning a special evening out or just got the urge for a last minute meal, Savored has great restaurants willing to offer you exclusive discounts.
How it Works:
• Select where and when you want to dine, and Savored presents you with matching restaurants offering discounts to Savored users
• Book your reservation with a click (it’s free)
• Enjoy uncapped savings on your food and drink when you dine!
Features You’ll Love:
• Discover great nearby restaurants
• Filter restaurants based on where and when you want to dine
• Explore restaurants through an interactive map
• Read expert reviews and read Zagat ratings for participating restaurants
• Easily coordinate with your fellow diners while sharing reviews, menus and directions to your meal
• Enjoy a wide range of great restaurants - from neighborhood gems to Michelin-acclaimed winners – in Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Los Angeles, Miami, New York, Philadelphia, San Francisco and Washington DC.
Measure It is a one of a kind measurement tape. Used for easy measure of small and medium sized objects: boxes, paintings and such. Need to know if it will fit and don't have a measurement tape? Use this app.
How to use:
- First, place the phone next to the object you’d like to measure
- Second, touch on the edge of the measurement tape
- Third, move your phone while your finger stays in place
- Repeat and measure
Google Voice Full Integration *root*
ROOT USERS ONLY. This application will integrate your Google voice account with your phone. You don't need to use 2 different applications anymore. All of your messages comes to your messaging application. Google Voice Full Integration will allow you to send and receive texts from Google Voice. Google Voice applications needs to be installed on the phone in order to use integration. Your account must be set up with Google Voice application. Please disable all notifications from Google Voice application, otherwise you will get double notifications. This application will work with GoSMS, GoSMS Pro, Vlingo and any other application which uses GoSMS or native messaging application.
Screen junkE provides you a new lock screen experience – your lock screen becomes an active screen with cool, dynamic content from content feeds, and personal images gallery. The Screen junkE active lock screen simplifies your use of frequent phone actions by providing quick shortcuts to commonly used services on the phone such as missed calls, email mailbox or any social sharing application, and SMS inbox- all available directly from the lock screen. If you would like to retrieve a content item, simply tap to launch the application.
Android Police coverage: Restaurant.com Launches Official Android App - Would You Like Fries With That?
Connect to savings at your favorite restaurants around town with the Restaurant.com app for Android. Now you can:
- Find the best restaurant deals nearest you using location-based technology.
- Travel with the perfect dining app, and search for restaurant deals by Zip code or city.
- Purchase certificates on the Go! Redeeming is easy, Just show wait staff digital cert on your Android.
- Avoid getting lost searching for new cuisine with built-in mapping and directions.
Scan and share your old paper photos with ShoeBox for Android. ShoeBox makes converting photo prints to digital easier by turning your Android device into a mobile photo scanner. ShoeBox’s edge detection and perspective correction make sure your scans are quick and turn out beautifully. Your photos are saved to your mobile device and 1000memories.com – just log in using your ShoeBox credentials. We understand that many photos are meant to be shared with only certain people. You can change the privacy level of each shoebox you create. Private shoeboxes can only be shared by invitation. Public photos will be archived by our partner The Internet Archive to make sure your photos are preserved for future generations.
- Shoebox’s edge detection and perspective correction make sure your scans turn out beautifully
- Organize your scans into collections called shoeboxes
- Fill in a photo's backstory by adding tags, dates and location
- Keep photos private in private shoeboxes
- Share photos instantly to Facebook Timeline, Twitter, Google+ and other sites and apps
- Free storage for an unlimited number of photos
Ever since Eric used the word "Schnookums," I look for it in every post title.
Pair is the easiest way to stay in touch with the person you love, making it easy to share the little things in life with each other. It creates a timeline just for the two of you, where you can post cute video messages and photos that no one else will see. You can also chat, share sketches, share your location, and even let your partner know that you're thinking of them with just the push of a button. If you're both online at the same time, you can sketch together, as well as ThumbKiss - a feature that let's you see where your partner is touching their screen so you can touch the same spot and make both phones vibrate simultaneously. Set reminders for your anniversary or your partners birthday, and share a to-do list to make sure your partner doesn't forget the milk. Pair is perfect for long distance relationships, and is a great utility for couples in the same city. It keeps all your special moments saved privately in one place.
- Connect to only one other person for the most private messaging experience
- Send photos, videos, and text messages for free
- Draw cute sketches for your partner in realtime, or play Tic-tac-toe!
- Instantly share your location with your partner
- Get reminders for important dates such as anniversaries, and birthdays
- Use your shared todo list to remind your partner to pick something up on the way home
- Other special features designed for people in relationships
Android Police coverage: Popular iOS App 'Songify' Comes To Android, Brings Autotune Flair To Your Otherwise Boring Voice
Songify turns speech into music automatically. Just speak into your Android device, and Songify will magically turn your speech into a song. Join the over 8 million people worldwide addicted to Songify. Songify’s unique songification technology was invented by Khush to turn speech into music and is not the same as Antares Auto-Tune, which does not work on speech.
How many times did you forget to send an important Text Message or an Email coz you were too busy with just another chaotic day in office? How many times there was an urgent need to make a crucial phone call and well, thanks to your over-complicated and busy life, you simply forgot that? How great it would be to automate the schedules for important business meetings, wishing anniversaries/birthdays and even the Facebook/Twitter status updates. Nothing complicated, just take care of those damn recurring events so that we can actually focus on more important things in life?
Well, Future Scheduler lets you do just that. Forget having to write down your schedule on papers that often get lost and are never there just when you need them. Automate the recurring events and tasks right on your mobile phone. Schedule a Phone Call, Text Message, Email, Social Media update (Facebook/Twitter) for a future date/time and simply get rid of organizers and diaries. Create alerts with an easy and intuitive interface, set recurrence and that’s pretty much it. When the time comes, Future Scheduler will automatically send the email/text message for you* or connect a call or post a status update on Twitter/Facebook. Moreover, all activities are synced with your calendar to avoid redundant entries. Even if your phone is not with you its still there in your alternative calendar. Think of it as your very own “private secretary” to schedule future phone calls, text message, emails and social media updates in a simple yet efficient manner.
- Syncs with device calendar.
- Snooze function for reminders.
- Import contacts from Facebook.
- Multiple recipients for text and email.
- Log of scheduled activities.
- Use templates for text and email.
- Recurring events - once, daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.
- Intuitive and user friendly interface with touch screen in mind.
- Integrates with phone book to let you add recipients conveniently.
JumiAmp turns your Android mobile device into the ultimate remote control for your PC iTunes & Winamp. Control it from anywhere & play music or watch movies. Works via Wi-Fi, 3G, or Edge. JumiAmp Lite does not include full media list manipulation. for full media list manipulation please upgrade to JumiAmp.
- Customized remote control fitted for iTunes & WinAmp
- Play mode with song, album, artist name, and clip-art
- Media-Library mode to add new songs from your disk and control the play list
- Complete play controller including shuffle/repeat
- Connect to an unlimited number of PCs
- Beautiful LCD layout
- Wi-Fi / 3G / Edge
Safe In Cloud
Love, love, love the clean interface.
Safe In Cloud is the best Password Manager for Ice Cream Sandwich phones and tablets. It has a clean and simple user interface. Keep your logins, passwords, credit cards, web and email accounts in a 256-bit AES encrypted database. Synchronize the encrypted database with a cloud of your choice: Google Drive, Dropbox or Box. New features and localizations are added regularly. Windows and Mac OS companion apps will be available later this year.
GameStop Mobile Android
Android Police coverage: GameStop Has A Mobile App Now, Allows You To Track Rewards, Buy Games, Find Stores And More
Awesome, we knew you’d find your way to the official GameStop app. You spoke, we listened and created our app features based on customer feedback, including a lot of features for our PowerUp Rewards™ members. Want to score PowerUp Rewards points for store check-ins? Check your PowerUp Rewards points on the go and redeem them for in-store coupons? Purchase games, accessories, consoles, and more? The GameStop App is like having a GameStop store in your pocket.
Smart Feed Reader
Smart Feed Reader deserves a look thanks to its powerful filtering capabilities. More RSS readers should be able to do what it does but, unfortunately, that's not the case. Check out the Smart News Filtering section below for more info.
Smart Feed Reader is a free, full-featured RSS, RDF and ATOM news reader. Manage your news automatically with Smart News Filtering, organize Feeds Groups by any criteria you choose – music, sport, movies and international news, rate the most interesting readings and share them with your friends and colleagues.
• Full support of RSS, RDF and ATOM feeds, import Google Reader feeds;
• Offline reading of news;
• Full-context search;
• Widgets support;
• Easy to manage feeds, personalized icons;
• Customization of the feed update interval (global for all feeds and particular – for the selected feed);
• Filtering stories by Author, Title, Content, Category for the best customization;
• Automatic organizing feeds by categories;
• Improved content sorting by Newer, Older, Unread, Read or Hide properties;
• Highlighting of newly-added and updated news;
• Automatic sorting news by Date: Today, Yesterday, Older;
• Media Collection: easy to view pictures and play attached media;
• Full-screen display of News (optional);
• Easy sliding between news with a simple gesture;
• Displaying news with a preview in the NewsList screen;
• Star rating for the news;
• Sharing content via E-Mail;
• Support of landscape screen orientation.
Smart News Filtering:
Personalize your content with Smart News Filtering – powerful and innovative feature that helps you to filter and manage your news automatically by Author, Title, Content, Category, etc. Each filter is made up of search condition to match specific parameter and action to perform. With Smart News Filtering you can automate copying news into custom folders, marking news, rating or just deleting it. You can have as many smart filters as you need.
Delivery.com Food Delivery
Order delivery or takeout from nearly 10,000 restaurants in over 50 cities nationwide. The free Delivery.com app makes ordering food easy and fast wherever you are. Delivery.com finds the best restaurants and stores near you that offer delivery and takeout. Choose a restaurant, view the menu and place your order. It’s easy – and delicious.
- Simple Search: Sort by over 70 cuisines, ratings, distance or delivery minimum to find exactly what you’re looking for
- Customized Orders: Easily add items to your cart and customize your order with special instructions
- Easy Re-Ordering: Store your favorite places and orders to re-order favorite meals with just a few taps
- Points & Prizes: Earn Delivery Points with every order. Redeem them for gift cards and prizes
Android Police hands-on: [Hands-On] DataSync Is A Quick And Easy Way To Keep Your App Data In Sync Across Multiple Devices
DataSync+ adds numerous features to your existing DataSync installation. This application functions only a key, but has to be launched *at least once* to work properly. It's launcher icon will disappear afterwards.
- Automatically and intelligently sync apps to and from the cloud (scheduling)
- Create and restore local backups of apps and their data
- Sync directly with other devices over Bluetooth
Color Splash FX
Create stunning artwork with your photos in seconds. Color Splash FX turns your photos black and white, then lets you bring the color back by 'painting' with your finger.
Unique Features :
★ Paint in color or gray
★ Zoom in and out or scroll with two-finger pinching gestures
★ Pixel perfect brush adjustment: size, edge, opacity
★ Brush size adjusts to size of your finger!
★ Unlimited undo for accidental touch
★ Save sessions and continue where you left off
★ Import photos from your photo album or camera
★ Works in portrait / landscape modes
★ Share your masterpieces to Facebook, Twitter & Flickr
★ Support for all phones and tablets
★ Set as wallpaper / contact
★ Full help and instructions
Even more features available when upgrading to pro within the app :
★ Increase zoom to 20x
★ Show brush tip
★ Magnify area under finger
★ Highlight colored regions with a red tint
★ Remove ads
Real Colors Pro
Leading color palette generator from photos: the most advanced technology for the most harmonious color palettes. Reviewed and liked by Google's Android Developers.
- Automatically generate color palettes from photos using color theory rules: complementary, monochromatic, analogous, shades, triad, tetrad or split complementary
- Create beautiful wallpapers from your favorite color palettes
- Automatically generate the color spectrum over the photo
- Colors can be easily edited
- Get detailed information about the colors including HEX, RGB and HSB values
- Save color schemes in a Library for future reference and sharing
- Export color palettes by email, including color spectrum information, and color values in HEX, RGB and HSB.
- Share color palettes with your friends on Facebook
Get your friends your biggest videos and high-res pictures without having to resize or reduce the quality. With SoShare for Android, there are no limits on sends, file size or quality, and it’s all for free. Take pictures and videos directly with SoShare, or choose any that are already on your phone, and send them to friends using their email addresses or by adding them to custom groups. Receive and download pictures or videos, and get comments from your friends that are also on SoShare. Everyone can post comments and add more files using either the SoShare for Android app or from a computer on the SoShare website at www.soshareit.com.
• Fast, free and unlimited sending of photos and videos of any size
• Create custom groups for you and your friends to add files
• Access and manage your files from the SoShare website
• Leave and get comments on the photos and videos
Android Police coverage: Someecards Releases Android App, Can Instantly Make You Seem 100% Funnier
From acclaimed humor site, someecards.com, comes something extremely similar to acclaimed humor site, someecards.com. Everything you love and practically nothing you dislike about the site is now at your fingertips or thumbs.
• View and send new cards as they go live
• Have a homescreen widget with the newest cards
• Get topical humor right to your Android device, including cards that make fun of Android
• Send cards from practically anywhere (i.e. gym, doctor's office, ski slope, top of tall building)
• Enjoy all the same categories as are offered on the site, from flirting to workplace to cry for help
• Save cards as favorites
• Enhance your life in digital ways you never thought possible
Android Police coverage: Roland-Garros 2012 Is The Official App Of The French Open, Tennis Fans Rejoice
French Open tournament official application. The tournament starts on May 27th, but in the meantime, nothing prevents you from visiting the stadium in private. Experience the blazing new 3D virtual visit of the stadium. Indulge yourself with our 3 exclusive games, collect XPs, publish your score on Facebook, enter the Hall of Fame and challenge your friends. Starting May 22nd: warm-up premiere for everybody. Follow-up the tournament qualifications with all details. From May 25th, watch please, and take advantage of the last app update with its brand new functionalities:
- Twitter buzz on all matches
- Facebook to gather with your friends
- Dailymotion for a look at the wings
- IBM and its real time statistics
- Immersive with the virtual 3D features
- match alerts : up to 5 players
- in-app breaking news alerts at anytime
From May 27th, and during the 2 weeks of the French Open, enjoy an everyday 360 follow-up on results, schedules, draws, statistics, news, videos, interviews.
VoiceBase enables you to record and upload spoken content, and then share and search it by the words that were used. Click to record hours of speeches, interviews, scripts, conferences, podcasts, webinars, etc., and then review them later by simply performing keyword search in your account. When you have found the parts you like most, simply click to share by email or social media with anyone who needs to hear the words as they were said. Using our unique extracted keywords feature, see at a glance what are the most important terms used in any recording, and then instantly listen to them in context. You can even search video content and start playing it right where the search terms are used. You choose who may access your personal content, and you can also share your recordings on the web for indexing by search engines.
☆ Record long meetings up to 2 hours, upload, and search by what was said
☆ Unlimited searching and sharing of recorded content
☆ Search vast repository of high quality public voice recordings
☆ Get an overview of recorded content using our unique topic extraction
The FREE T-Mobile Refill application is a simple and easy way to refill your Prepaid T-Mobile phone. The application gives you quick access to your most important tasks so you can:
• Refill your account 24/7
• Review your balance, due date, and account details
• View payment and gifting history
• Sign up for Auto-Refill
• Send a payment to another T-Mobile Prepaid customer
Additional Features include:
• Store & edit payment cards for single or repeat transactions
• Manage your Auto-Refill settings
• Store gift recipient contacts for quick and easy future refills
Cubescape 3D Live Wallpaper
A wall of pulsating cubes with tap reactivity and advanced per-pixel lighting. Customisation includes:
• Colour themes, choose any colour
• Speed, displacement
• Lighting options
• Tap to swap colours
Stripe ICS LWP
Stripe ICS live wallpaper, beautiful abstract stripes. Inspired by original Motion Stripe wallpaper.
- Beautiful abstract stripes
- Use 3D hardware to render images, save battery
- Support most resolutions including Android 3.0 tablet
- Android 4.0 ICS ready
Swiss Clock by doubleTwist
doubleTwist's Alarm Clock has this beautiful LWP as well, as we found out recently, but it costs 2x (though it's currently on sale for $0.99). If you just want the LWP, grab Swiss Clock for half the price (though again, see the sale note earlier).
Make your home screen beautiful with the doubleTwist Swiss Clock live wallpaper. Swiss Clock by doubleTwist is hands-down the most beautiful live wallpaper in the Play Store, following doubleTwist's history of simple, intuitive, highly functional and gorgeous apps, such as the award winning doubleTwist Player & doubleTwist Alarm Clock. doubleTwist's Swiss Clock live wallpaper includes two modes, night-time dim mode and daytime mode -- tap the wallpaper to toggle between modes.
WTF Apps Of The Week
Run, Tweet, Run!
And the most annoying Twitter app of... ever(?) goes to Run, Tweet, Run. Seriously, if anyone on my timeline ever uses this, they'll be getting a package in the mail that may or may not have a weird smell to it.
Run, Tweet, Run! sends a tweet for every mile/kilometer that you run! Let your Twitter followers see how your run is going while it is happening.
Whoop That Trick
Oh god, that video...
Test your skills in the game, can you be a pimp? Pick your girl then your location and see what if you have what it takes to get the cash from her. Crazy sound fx, various locations, funny "mack" phrases.
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.