Welcome back to another week of the Android Police Podcast, where you can get the full Android Police experience (read: puns) delivered straight to your ears. On this week's episode, we're talking Nexus device rumors, EVO 4G LTE, and more. It's exciting.
Subscribe to the Android Police Podcast:
- Verizon's LTE crusade is hitting the eastern seaboard, category 5 download storm of cat videos and crappy music to ensue.
- Also, they're ending your unlimited data plan for good. And then they're going to steal your lunch money, and your girlfriend.
- T-Mobile wants you to know it wants you to pay for tethering. Good luck extracting blood from that stone, Mr. Humme.
- LG is making a phone with 2GB of RAM just to make you feel inadequate.
- Google might be launching a tidal wave of Nexus devices this fall, in an attempt to zerg rush the next iPhone.
Android at Arms (legal news)
- US Customs won't let HTC's phones in, says HTC: "a $20 cover is crazy. I don't even like this club."
- And yes, this means your EVO 4G LTE isn't coming on time. But hey, it's that many fewer days to wait between getting your phone and having a network you can actually use it on.
- Google music now only allows 4 device deauthorizations per year. THE HUMANITY!
- But they're fixing it so custom ROMs hopefully won't count.
- Sprint now supports direct billing for Google Play Books, Movies, and Music. Don't tell your kids.
- The EVO 4G LTE: it's like Frida Kahlo, if Frida Kahlo was a phone (she isn't).
- The Toshiba Excite 10 is just the opposite of everything its name would lead you to believe it was if you were highly gullible.
The Hotsheet (device news)
- Samsung has a 181-page manual for the Galaxy S III that you can download. That's the joke.
- LG's Optimus 4X HD is headed to Europe in June, but don't worry, that cartoony wanna-be TouchWiz UI will make sure everyone knows your phone is nowhere near as badass as its name might have them think.
- Speaking of which, LG's also decided to steal HTC's Sense marketing scheme for its TouchWiz clone, which makes Wiz-Sense.
- The PadFone is coming, and its would-be owners are already drooling over how many questions they'll get as they repeatedly swap it in and out of its shell for hours on end at their local Starbucks.
- The Sensation 4G is finally getting Ice Cream Sandwich, just in time for CyanogenMod 9 nightlies.
- The unlocked Galaxy Note has CM9 nightlies, too. They're huge. I'm sorry for that one.
- Device updates: Transformer TF101, LG Revolution.
- Turntable.fm has arrived for Android and this makes Eric really excited for some reason.
- Machinarium for Android, reviewed: just go buy it.
- Sonic 4 Episode II THD review: someone get me a Sega Genesis controller so I can actually beat this game.
In Other News
- NVIDIA is going to try and make live game streaming services suck less, which is pretty much a humanitarian crisis on a massive scale.