- 1 Featured App
- 2 Games
- 2.1 Crash Course 3D: ICE
- 2.2 Dummy Defense
- 2.3 Pocket Academy by Kairosoft
- 2.4 SCAWAR Space Combat
- 2.5 ZombieSmash
- 2.6 Swords and Soldiers
- 2.7 LIL' KINGDOM by Glu
- 2.8 LAST WAR by GAMEVIL
- 2.9 Meon Lite
- 2.10 TM Laser Enigma
- 2.11 JAZZ: Trump's Journey
- 2.12 Delver
- 2.13 Virtua Tennis Challenge by SEGA
- 2.14 The Tossing Dead
- 2.15 The Island: Castaway
- 2.16 Forgotten Tales RPG
- 2.17 iStunt 2 by Miniclip
- 2.18 Rebuild
- 2.19 Rule the Kingdom
- 2.20 Zip Zap
- 2.21 Anticlon Lite
- 2.22 Graveyard Snuggle
- 3 Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
This edition focuses only on new games. The app roundup is coming up soon.
Today's roundup is sponsored by Woodebox Puzzle, a puzzle-solving brain teaser inspired by such games as Tangram, Pentomino, Unblock me and Crossfingers. The basic premise of Woodebox is using logic to fit various wooden blocks into specific shapes that get harder and harder with every level. However, it's not all that simple - some levels combine logic with dynamic action moments (like rolling balls).
Both versions of the game have 81 levels, but the $0.99 version removes ads and contains improved graphics for larger screens, making it more enjoyable on tablets. Download Woodebox by using the widgets below.
Crash Course 3D: ICE
This game is just awesome. Plain and simple. Watch the video to confirm.
Crash Course is a fast-paced arcade space shooter. Anaglyph 3D glasses support. They came from deepest space. A massive armada of alien vessels hidden amongst a cluster of asteroids. Their targets: vulnerable human colonists situated on unprotected planets. You are the only ship in the area capable of destroying the alien armada and saving the humans. Are you up for the challenge?
- Swarms of asteroids and hordes of deadly enemies.
- 3 fully upgradeable spectacular weapons.
- Stunning visual effects.
- Online high scores.
- Casual, Arcade and Survival game modes.
- Customizable graphical details.
- 3D anaglyph glasses support. RED/CYAN, GREEN/MAGENTA.
The spin-off of SimplePhysics. Protect your dummy from explosions, boulders, spiked walls, and more. Use the blueprints editor to design a structure that will protect your dummy, Melvin, from some random danger. You'll have to work with the available materials. Most of the time you'll use wood, sometimes you'll use concrete, but you must always use your most important asset: your brain.
A wise person once said: "An engineer is someone who can do for a dime what any fool can do for a dollar." In Dummy Defense, your design must not only be strong enough, it must be cheap enough to win. Building cheaper structures will earn you more stars on a level. Create your design in seconds with the blueprints editor. If you make a mistake, simply tap the Undo button. Zoom in and out by pinching the screen and pan the view using a two finger drag.
While testing, you can see how the strain is distributed across your design. Areas that are under immense strain are colored bright red, while other areas are colored green. This allows you to find and fix problem areas in your design. The slow motion slider lets you slow things down so you can see how your design is failing, and it is also incredibly fun to watch explosions destroying your design in slow motion.
* Realistic physics simulation
* Ragdoll physics
* Slow motion slider
* 25 levels
* Stress display shows problem areas in your design
* Finger Test - smash your design to pieces, or blow it up with realistic explosions!
* Save/Load designs
* E-mail your blueprints to your friends
Pocket Academy by Kairosoft
Android Police coverage: [New Game] Kairosoft Brings School To Google Play With Release Of Pocket Academy
Kairosoft's newest game, though I'm getting kind of tired of the same old concept.
School got you down? Wish you could change a few things? Well, now's your chance to create the ultimate dream school in this simulation smash-hit. Tailor your personal academy as you see fit, erecting classrooms, making clubs--even deciding this week's hot couple. How will you expand your hallowed halls of learning? Sponsor athletic meets, art shows, and other events to attract as many students as you can and elevate your school's prestige. Will your students make it college or land their dream job? Find out with Pocket Academy.
SCAWAR Space Combat
Blast your way through multitude of exotic galaxies filled with aggressive aliens threatening the existence of the rest of the human race. SCAWAR Space Combat is a heavy piece of ground shaking alien blasting action. Enjoy yourself in high-intensity adventure of saving the universe from a twisted race in a quest through 20 levels! Squash the alien onslaught and dominate the epic boss battles. High octane music, rich graphics and particle effects and intuitive tilt controls take SCAWAR Space Combat way above the rest.
ZombieSmash! is a “Survival Comedy” game, featuring undead-themed castle defense and entertaining, physics-based gameplay. The game casts players as Joey, a lone survivor pit against a herd of writhing, unrelenting zombies - to defeat the undead masses, players must use their fingers to flick and smash them until they're un-undead.
Swords and Soldiers
Android Police coverage: Grab Your Wallets: The Humble Bundle For Android 2 Debuts Five New Android Games
Another awesome game from the Humble Bundle 2 is now available à la carte.
The funniest action-strategy game you’ll ever play. Swipe, poke and tap to command an army of Vikings in their quest to create the ultimate BBQ sauce, lead the Aztecs in defense of the Holy Pepper and build an array of explosive Chinese toys! Build your own forces and defeat your foes using berserkers, dart blowers, giant boulders, ninja monkeys (yes, we really mean it – ninja monkeys!) and many more.
• Hilarious characters and storyline mean you'll be playing with one huge grin.
• Command hordes of Vikings, Aztecs and Chinese warriors, each with their own unique skills.
• Three epic campaigns with unique challenges to keep you entertained for hours.
• Fully customizable Skirmish mode means endless replayability.
• Hours of gameplay with achievements, challenges and leaderboards.
• Languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian and Dutch.
LIL' KINGDOM by Glu
Work and play in your own lil’ underground kingdom. Dig deep dungeon dwellings beneath your fairy-tale castle and fill it with hardworking castle citizens. Gallant Knights, mischievous Goblins, gold-protecting Dragons, and of course, our resident beautiful Princess all depend on you to build them the perfect lil’ paradise.
LAST WAR by GAMEVIL
Re-live the epic campaigns of World War II in Last War! Engage in tactical strikes against the enemy with forces you’ve recruited and trained. Organize a strategic network of defenses through diplomatic alliances. Command your troops to victory and live out history —or change it.
- IMMERSIVE HISTORICAL WORLD OF WWII
Play out the story of WWII as a military general.
- BATTLE FORMATIONS WITH NUMEROUS LAND, AIR AND NAVAL TROOPS.
Configure your forces for the best strategic advantage.
- SPECIAL COMMANDER ABILITIES AND BATTLE- AFFECTING LOOT
Influence the course of battle with unlockable abilities and treasures.
- MASSIVE NETWORK OF ALLIES AND ENEMIES
Engage in diplomacy by forming alliances or blacklisting enemies.
- REAL-TIME COMMUNICATION AND SOCIAL TOOLS
Discuss strategy through in-game networking functions.
Meon Lite is a cute and addictive puzzle game (This is a new concept!). In 1997, Professor Tagishaki, from Tokyo Quantum Mechanics institute, found new elementary particles that he called Meons. In this puzzle game, you must solve more than 32 levels to free Meons. Use laser, Prism, Splitter and other various tools to light all the Meons and solve the Light Quest. Meon Lite is the free version of Meon game. Lite version is limited to 31 levels whereas you can have fun during 120 levels on the full game.
• Cute Meons
• Magical music
• Additive puzzles
• 32 levels to solve
• HD Graphics
• Move to SD
TM Laser Enigma
Various items on the map can be moved and rotated to change the beams path. It's your task to place them in such a way that all receivers are lit.
Maps are hand made, come in increasing level of difficulty and some of them will heavily test your map solving ability. To add a layer of complexity on more difficult maps laser colors can be combined (e.g. red + green = yellow) or split.
Note: TM Laser Enigma is an evolution of initial laser reflection concept (TM.Lazor) where only 1 color of the laser was present. If multicolor looks too difficult at first, try out TM.Lazor and train your skills. There is an in game bonus for installing it too.
- Pure logic game
- More than 100 hand made puzzles
- Extra maps can be downloaded online
- 20+ items to use on maps
- From simple to very difficult puzzles to solve
- Laser colors can be combined and split
- Custom music made for the game
- OpenFeint integrated (can be disabled), 20+ achievements
JAZZ: Trump's Journey
“My name is Trump and I’m a jazz man, and this is my story.” Immerse yourself in the memories of Trump, in his dreams as a young, star-struck jazz musician, in love with the lovely Lady Poppy. Presenting a daring parallel with the real story of Louis Armstrong, relive Trump's life, his quest to form a group, his love affair and battle against injustice in the New Orleans of the early 20th century. Let inspiration guide you through this fascinating platform game.
- Move around New Orleans depicted using stylish graphics
- Follow young Trump's moving story and be part of the birth of jazz.
- Discover the jazzy band sound specially composed by jazz musicians
- Use your trumpet to stop time
- Face every kind of danger: boss, moving platforms, detectives, spikes, etc.
Delver is a Minecraft-style dungeon crawler, and it looks pretty awesome. Unfortunately, there's no trial version, so you'll have to pony up $3.99 to give it a go. Looks like it's got great potential if you're into these kinds of games.
Dungeon crawling on the go. Grab loot, fight monsters, and escape or die trying. Take the role of a Delver, another in a string of adventurers that try their fate in the fabled dungeons. Fight monsters, grab loot, horde potions, and level up. In this action roguelike dungeon crawl, adventure through the retro-3d dungeons as you quest for the Yithidian orb and attempt to bring it back to the surface. Getting it will be only half the battle... Levels are randomly generated in each playthrough - you'll never know quite what's around the corner.
Virtua Tennis Challenge by SEGA
No longer just for Xperia Play.
SEGA challenges you to take your best shot with the new Virtua Tennis Challenge. Virtua Tennis, one of the World's leading tennis game franchises, is available for the first time on smartphones with the new Virtua Tennis Challenge. Slice, lob and hit your best top spin as you take on the world's best and compete against 50 players in 18 stadiums around the globe. Build concentration by making plays that match your player's style; unleashing a super shot that will make your opponent sweat. Enjoy hours of game play through different modes, shots and courts.
- SWING THE GAME YOUR WAY
Unleash top spins, slice shots, lobs and drop shots through different touch gestures
- FEEL THE HEAT
Adjust your shot in different stadiums and environments as you compete on clay, grass, hard or indoor courts.
- DOUBLE THE FUN
Compete in Singles or Doubles challenges
- MULTIPLE MODES:
- SPT World Tour: Pick a customizable character to compete through full seasons of competition around the globe. Earn money by progressing through matches to buy your way into new tournaments. Each real world day offers new challenges.
- Exhibition Match: Dive into the game and select from any unlocked courts and characters in single or doubles mode.
- Multiplayer: Challenge your friend face to face over Bluetooth
The Tossing Dead
Slash, shoot and explode your way through hordes of Zombies. The BEST Zombie Slashing game on the App Store! All your favorite action gameplay plus Gory 3D Graphics & Guns.
- Story Mode - Motion Comic Cut-scenes, Unlockable Weapons & Tons of Zombie Carnage
- Sprint Mode
- Wave Mode
- 5 Brutal Weapon Types to Unlock
- 15 Different Varieties of Zombies to Unlock
The Island: Castaway
Intense challenges await you in an extremely addictive simulation game. You are one of the lucky few to escape a sinking ocean liner. Stranded on an island, you will have to learn to fish and hunt for wild boars, catch snakes and find rare plants. But it’s not all about staying alive. Explore the enigmatic island to find clues, solve over 200 diverse quests and decrypt ancient writings. Solving these mysteries could be your only chance to get back home. Dive into this riveting adventure today.
- 12 Absorbing locations
- 14 Unique and fascinating characters
- Over 200 quests to solve
- Huge, perplexing island to investigate
- Plot that's full of twists and turns
Forgotten Tales RPG
The game offers many hours of classic RPG gameplay, exciting story, tons of diversified locations, monsters and quests. Get lost in arid deserts, endless forests, dark dungeons, explore snowy wastelands. Gather team of adventurers and fight against knights, archers, trolls, orcs, dragons, skeletons and many other enemies.
Explore a vast heroic fantasy world. Become a legend yourself. Travel the world of Forgotten Tales to meet new friends, find treasure, and encounter monsters. Use a variety of weapons to take out enemies in this real time RPG. The graphics will remind you right away of the old PC games you used to play with it's top-down perspective. Medieval RPG that will bring back memories of games like Baldur's Gate or Diablo.
iStunt 2 by Miniclip
Get ready to hit the slopes in the most extreme snowboarding game on the Google Play Store. Escape deadly buzz saws, keep you balance through gravity shifts and speed boosts, grind your way to victory in this fast paced and insanely addictive snowboarding game.
★ Stunning HD graphics!
★ Fast paced gaming with perfectly balanced tilt controls!
★ 88 insane levels + more levels added regularly to keep all your extreme snowboarding needs satisfied!
★ In-game store with cool unique items!
★ Open Feint integration and leaderboards - show you're friends who's the stunt king in these deadly slopes!
Turn-based strategy set in the zombie apocalypse. Gather survivors of the zombie apocalypse and defend your fort against undead attacks. Reclaim one building at a time and put your survivors to work scavenging for food, building houses, rediscovering technology and of course killing zombies. Beware of rival gangs, illness, thieves and even riots as you rebuild a city in this post apocalyptic turn based strategy game.
- Unique turn-based strategy gameplay
- Randomly generated cities
- Customizable characters
- 5 levels of difficulty
- 7 endings to discover
Rule the Kingdom
An epic RPG adventure awaits you in Rule the Kingdom. Outfit your character, train your loyal band of warriors and join the battle against trolls, skeletons and other baddies to save the empire from evil! Build homes for your workers, produce goods in your workshops, fortify your stronghold, and farm crops to feed your subjects in your quest to build a thriving kingdom.
- Achieve victory in thousands of battles with your loyal troops, defeat legendary foes, slice and smash your way through their minions while an amazing storyline unfolds through thousands of quests
- Learn arcane battle magic and unleash dozens of screen-shattering spells upon your enemies
- Train your squad of hearty warriors who will remain loyal to the very end
- Enhance your hero’s battle prowess with hundreds of unique items and forbidden potions
- Craft legendary artifacts to help smite even the deadliest foes
- Rebuild your lost kingdom: construct dozens of productive buildings and help your subjects as their wise and kindly ruler
- For your kingdom to thrive, take charge of production on one of your many farms; order your subjects to gather resources, such as wood, stone and oils to keep your kingdom growing
- Face the many dangers lurking in the dark corners of the Empire; battle through lush forests, scorching deserts and snow-blasted tundra to become a true hero of the empire!
Bash everything that moves to survive the asteroid field. Play as space kids Zip and Zap, protecting their ship from an asteroid field. Armed with invincible energy shields, bash everything that moves to collect points and earn combos. Zip Zap is a challenging tap-to-move survival game with hours and hours of replay value. It’s addictive fun for all ages and any skill level.
Find a path to solve a selection of puzzles that will make you want more. This is the lite version of Anticlon, an easy to play yet challenging puzzle game. Find a path and clone yourself to fill up a grid to resolve the puzzles. In this version of Anticlon there are more than 40 puzzles and 4 types of obstacles that will leave you wanting more.
- Easy to pick up and intuitive game mechanics
- More than 40 puzzles to resolve, exclusive to the lite version
- Epic boss battles
- Simple and straightforward UI
- No loading screens, no unnecessary nor intrusive text, you will be playing within seconds of installing the game
This is not a conventional Android game but rather a game you can play with your friends in real life (you have those, right?). Think Twister.
Graveyard Snuggle will have you bending your bodies with ghoulish delight. Grab your friends and dim the lights. Graveyard Snuggle will have you bending your bodies and entangling your limbs with ghoulish delight. A lonely skeleton awaits, and he's dying to play with you. But creep cautiously! Moving too suddenly would be a grave mistake. The rules are dead simple.
★ Sit in a circle with 2 or more of your dearest friends.
★ Summon the skeleton and listen closely for his commands.
★ Obey each command by placing one of your bones on another player's bone.
★ Everyone must obey the skeleton's commands -- even those not holding the device!
★ Continue knotting your bodies until someone moves the device too abruptly and ends the game.
The skeleton loves to put players in impossible situations, so use your imagination! You'll know when you're moving too quickly if you hear the skeleton's bones shaking. Work together to survive as long as you can.
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: email@example.com.
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.