DROID RAZR and RAZR MAXX users excited for an Ice Cream Sandwich update by last week's Best Buy screenshot should brace themselves for some bad news – it looks like the aforementioned devices won't be getting Ice Cream Sandwich just yet after all.
According to a letter being sent out to members of Motorola's Feedback Network, the soak test slated to begin tomorrow simply brings an update to build number 6.12.181 with various enhancement and bug fixes. Here's a full look at what users can expect:
Who Can Use This Release:
Enhancements and Fixes:
- Optimized device performance to extend battery life
- Added new MotoCast widget to enable easier access to MotoCast files
- Implemented several fixes to improve MotoCast performance
- Modified the storage settings screen to clarify total, available, and used storage space
WiFi and Network
- Implemented IPV6 support over cellular connection and WiFi to facilitate updated interaction with the network
- Corrected 4G coverage indicator to accurately display data connectivity
- Improved Wi-Fi hotspot connectivity when utilizing WPS security
- Improved visual voicemail performance with data disabled and visual voicemail notification delivery
- Corrected loud call end and connect tones over Bluetooth®
- Fixed Share app functionality to directs users to the app page in Google Play
- Improved text messaging to ensure timely receiving of texts
- Added easy access to bookmarks through a press and hold on the back key
- Enhanced device security preventing unauthorized access of telephony database by 3rd parties
Updated Vcast app with new security enhancements
So while there's no word on exactly when an Ice Cream Sandwich update will come to RAZR/MAXX users, this update appears to bring some convenient fixes and other goodies with it.
Of course we'll be here to cover all the details when it looks like RAZR/MAXX users will finally get a taste of Ice Cream Sandwich. To see the full text of the notice being sent out to members of Moto's Feedback Network, check out the source link below.
Via: Droid Life