With spring rapidly approaching, there's one very big question on everyone's mind: How much longer until The Avengers comes out?! Since that's a question that's easily answered by Google, though, we'll answer another burning question instead: How can I manage my Fantasy Baseball team and ignore my family at the dinner table at the same time? Easy! ESPN's new Fantasy Baseball 2012 app!
Here are all the things you can do with the app:
- Team Management: Start/bench players, add, drop, and claim players off waivers, propose, accept or reject trades with other managers
- FantasyCast Live Scoring and Stats: Real-time scoring and detailed information for all your matchups.
- Fantasy News, Videos and Tweets from ESPN’s fantasy analysts.
- View and post messages to your league’s message board
You can also sign in with an ESPN Insider account to get some extra features:
- Personalized Push Notifications will alert you when you have a player headed to the DL or an eligible player on the bench.
- Exclusive video and breaking news from ESPN experts including Matthew Berry, Eric Karabell and Christopher Harris.
- Spring Training Notes, Rookie Reports, Breakout Candidates and advice from the best fantasy experts in the industry.
You must have a pre-existing Fantasy team to use the app, so no creating teams from your phone or tablet. That's still reserved for real team owners. In the meantime, though, you can still keep up with your fantasy teams during the season. Meanwhile, I'll continue silently hating the fact that something called "Fantasy Baseball" includes exactly zero mages, elves, or dwarves.