The Verizon support docs were recently updated with information on a new OTA that should start hitting Droid 2 Global devices within the coming days (if not sooner). While the update isn't anything major, it still brings some notable enhancements to the D2G:
- Device is enabled with the Wireless Alerting System.
- A Google Security Patch has been added to improve security level.
- Fixed issue where the device may power ON without user interaction.
- Adjusted camera settings will be saved, even after the device is powered down.
- Resolved possible device resets while playing music.
- Reduced Out of Memory errors.
Email, Messaging, and Data
- Improved ability to access and receive Gmail messages when the Mobile Hotspot is turned on.
- Addressed error that replicated thumbnails in message threads.
Applications & Widget
- WAV files can be played from Visual Voice Mail.
- Purchased ringtones are now able to be downloaded, saved and used where appropriate.
Okay, so it's not Ice Cream Sandwich, but at least it's nice to know that Moto and Big Red are working behind the scenes to keep older devices running smoothly, right?