Over the past 2 days, I've been watching a thread over at MDW that showcased a rooted Motorola XYBOARD tablet but instructed us to wait a few days for the root method to be released. Root was achieved by none other than Dan Rosenberg, the ninja from vulnfactory.org, who has been serving multiple root methods for previously unrootable devices left and right.
Good news, everyone [of you five fine gentlemen in the corner who own a XYBOARD] - as of this morning, we have the root files. The procedure, which can be performed using Windows or Linux, is very simple, and all the files you need are packaged into a single zip file. Just unpack it, run the corresponding script (run.bat on Windows or run.sh on Linux), and voila - you're rooted.
- Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits Of Rooting
- Top Android Apps Every Rooted User Should Know About: Part 1 (Apps 1-8), Part 2 (Apps 9-16), Part 3 (Apps 17-25), Part 4 (26-33), Part 5 (34-41),Part 6 (42-49), Part 7 (50-57), Part 8 (58-65)
- Custom ROMs Explained And Why You Want Them
- How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup
- How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore
- So You Want To Know About Bootloaders, Encryption, Signing, And Locking?
Excellent work yet again, Dan. The community is grateful for your contributions (don't listen to the minority that is out there for a daily troll hunt).
Source: vulnfactory.org, thanks wes scoggin!