The day that many, many Android users have been waiting for is finally here: Google Chrome is now available for Android. In its current state it's beta and only available for Ice Cream Sandwich, but it brings some incredible features to Android:
- Browse fast with accelerated page loading, scrolling, and zooming
- Search and navigate directly from the omnibox
- Open and switch between unlimited tabs in an easy-to-view stack
- Sign in to Chrome to sync your bookmarks and view tabs you have open on your computer
- Send pages from desktop Chrome to your smartphone or tablet with one click and read them on the go, even if you’re offline
- Browse privately in Incognito mode
I've only spent a few minutes with Chrome on both the Galaxy Nexus and Transformer Prime, but so far, it's absolutely incredible; granted, it does have some bugs since it's still beta. Expect a more in-depth look later today at what Chrome has to offer.
Update: Here's our Chrome for Android review.
In the meantime, if you have an ICS device, hit the widget to check it out.