- Daniel Harris
- Geremy Hamlett
- John Halbert
Congratulations, guys - all of you will be contacted for your information in the near future!
Making Native Apps With Standards-Based Web Tools
You’ll learn how to create an Android-friendly web app on the platform of your choice, and then use Adobe’s free PhoneGap framework to convert it to a native Android app. Discover why device-agnostic mobile apps are the wave of the future, and start building apps that offer greater flexibility and a much broader reach.
- Convert a website into a web application, complete with progress indicators and other features
- Add animation with JQTouch to make your web app look and feel like a native Android app
- Make use of client-side data storage with apps that run when the Android device is offline
- Use PhoneGap to hook into advanced Android features, including the accelerometer, geolocation, and alerts
- Test and debug your app on the Web with real users, and submit the finished product to the Android Market
The book is available directly from O'Reilly for $23.99 for the eBook, $29.99 for a print copy, or $32.99 for both.
Once again, we're keeping things simple. To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post. That's it. Make sure you use your real email address when you do - that's how we contact the winners. The five winners will be chosen at random one week from today at midnight, when the contest ends (that's Tuesday, February 14 at 11:59 P.M. PST), and will then be contacted by email. Finally, the contest is open to everyone in the world.
What are you waiting for? Head down to the comments and get your submission in!
[A small aside, unrelated to the terms of the giveaway: Tim O'Reilly - the CEO of O'Reilly media - is extremely interesting. While it will not impact your chances of winning in any way, shape, or form, I recently discovered his Google+ profile and find his posts absolutely fascinating. Check it out to see what I'm talking about.]