The weird, yet durable, Casio Android phone bearing probably the worst name in the history of Android devices, G'zOne Commando (oh, wait, the XYBOARD and Rezound win that trophy), is set to receive an update to software version C771M100. The update brings free Push-to-Talk capabilities along with security fixes and other things you may not necessarily care about.
You can find the full changelog for this update, which weighs around 37MB, below:
Verizon Wireless is pleased to announce a new software update, C771M100, for your Casio® G’zOne Commando.
Verizon Wireless and Casio encourage you to download this update.
- Push to Talk is now available at no additional monthly charge. To enable, see directions below.
- Google Mobile Services has been updated to Gingerbread R8.
- Improvements in security with the latest Google Security Patch.
- Alert message has been added for zoom functionality when picture quality reaches the maximum (5.0 MP).
- A new, enhanced Verizon Video Application will replace the current V CAST Video app.
Email, Messaging & Web
- Successfully delete emails without delay.
- Text messaging and multimedia messaging signatures have been added.
- Correctly enter your PIN/Password in Lotus Traveler without error.
- Keep the screen locked after a call is ended via a Bluetooth headset in order to avoid unexpected dialing in the pocket.
- LED flash for missed call or text has been added back.
To enable Push to Talk on your handset, follow these steps:
- Complete the Over the Air software update.
- If you are a business customer, ensure that the Push to Talk feature code has been added to your account by logging in to My Business Account or Verizon Enterprise Center, or by calling 1.800.VZW.4BIZ. If you are a consumer, log into My Verizon or call 1.800.2.JOIN.IN. Once you’ve added the Push to Talk feature code, you are now ready to use Push to Talk.
- Open the Push to Talk app from within the Apps tab on the Casio Commando and enable Push to Talk by selecting “OK”. The side key on the Commando will automatically change to Push to Talk ready.
For additional details on Push to Talk please visit verizonwireless.com/ptt