Just last week, LG revealed the Spectrum, an impressive new flagship phone for Verizon. A glance at the spec sheet showed some impressive numbers on paper, and we went hands-on during CES and came away impressed. The essential specs:
- 4.5″ True HD IPS display (1280x720 at 329DPI), protected by Gorilla Glass
- 1.5GHz dual-core Snapdragon S3 processor
- 8MP rear camera, shoots 1080p video, 1.3MP front camera
- 1GB of RAM
- 4GB of on-board storage, 16GB micro SD card pre-installed
- 4G LTE
- Android 2.3.5 (Android 4.0 update promised)
- 1830mAh battery (optional 3000mAh extended battery available at launch)
- Dimensions: 5.33″ x 2.71″ x .41″
- Weight: 4.99 oz.
As scheduled, the Spectrum is officially available for purchase starting today (January 19) at Verizon Wireless for $200 with a new two-year contract.
Spectrum™ by LG Now Available on America’s Fastest, Most Reliable 4G Network
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE, a 4.5-inch True HD display and ESPN™ ScoreCenter application with exclusive HD video all come together in one device, the Spectrum™ by LG. Starting today, the Spectrum is available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online atwww.verizonwireless.com for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. The Spectrum features a Qualcomm® 1.5 GHz dual-core processor combined with 4G LTE connectivity for robust power, multitasking and download speeds. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 195 markets.
- Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- 8-megapixel rear-facing camera with autofocus and LED flash to snap beautiful pictures and 1080p video capture
- Front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for video chat
- SmartMovie HD app — create and edit HD videos right on the Spectrum
- Mobile Hotspot capability — share 4G LTE connection with up to ten Wi-Fi-enabled devices
- Supports Dolby® Digital Plus so customers can maximize their HD multimedia experience and stream up to 7.1 channels of surround sound through home entertainment systems
Customers that purchase a Spectrum by LG will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go towww.verizonwireless.com.