Sprint's variant of the HTC Flyer - the HTC EVO View 4G - is finally getting a taste of Honeycomb, bringing it up to par with competing Android tablets.
Originally launched with a heavily customized version of Android 2.3, the View 4G is now receiving an over-the-air update to Android 3.2.1. As you'd expect, the update brings Honeycomb to Sprint's version of the Flyer, featuring HTC's Sense overlay, and on-screen buttons which replace the View 4G's capacitive keys – here's the full changelog for this 217MB update:
This update adds Android 3.2.1 (Honeycomb) and a new virtual and holographic user interface.
- Physical Hard keys replaced with on screen Soft keys
- New Google search, available on every page
- System Bar: Quick access to notifications, status, and soft navigation buttons available at the bottom of the screen
- Notifications menu moved to the bottom right corner of the screen, on the System Bar.
- The Action Bar—which can be accessed by touching the Plus Sign icon at the top right of the screen—is the key to contextual, changing menus that are controlled by each application.
- Enhanced security including Sprint Data Link and 3LM
- Google video chat
- Bluetooth capable in Airplane mode
If you're the owner of an HTC EVO View 4G, just hit Menu > Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Update > Check Now, and start enjoying the Honeycomb goodness!
Via: The Verge