Update 12/18/11: It's back again - all other variants are still showing the "sign up for availability alerts" message.
Looks like Amazon may be gearing up to start (re)taking pre-orders for the Transformer Prime, with the 64GB version in champagne being the first one to make its way back to the site. As you may already know, Amazon started taking pre-orders several weeks ago, but abruptly stopped (no reason has really been made clear as to why) and ultimately ended up cancelling many users' orders.
Much like the original Transformer, the amount of demand for the Prime has been overwhelming, and ASUS has been struggling to keep up with production. There are rumors floating around that the Prime has been delayed due to a Wi-Fi bug, but we can assure you that this is just not true - the Prime is still set to release on the announced date of December 19th.
- 10.1-inch SuperIPS + display with Gorilla Glass
- 1.3GHz quad-core NVIDIA Tegra 3 Processor with 12-core GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage with microSD card slot
- microHDMI port
- 8MP F2.4 rear shooter with continuous flash for video recording, 1.2MP front camera
- 8.33mm thin
- 586g (1.29 lbs.)
- 12 hour battery life playing 720p video, 18 hours with keyboard dock
- Metallic spun finish
- Android 3.2 - will be updated to Android 4.0 as soon as possible after release
If you're still not sold after looking at those killer specs, check out our full review to see how amazing the Prime really is. Then, hit the link below to pre-order yours.