It looks like Gingerbread is finally getting ready to (officially) make its way to the Droid Charge, and, judging by the build number (EP4), it seems to be a slightly updated version of the build that was leaked earlier this month (EP4P).
The update will finally catch the device up to its smartphone peers in terms of Android version, but it will also bring the usual round of bug fixes and enhancements, as well.
- New Download Manager
- Enhanced App and Power Management details
- Improved word selection and copy functionality
- New UI
- Added security
- Updated Calendar Option
- "Pause," "Wait," and "Password" have been added into the Voicemail speed dial
- Messaging signature added
- Hotspot WLAN password is now encrypted
- Display email attachments from Outlook email
- Software Upgrade Assistant has been added
- The volume of the Low Battery Notification has been reduced
A boatload of apps and device features have also been updated and improved.
There's no word as to when the update may start rolling out, but it generally doesn't take long once Big Red updates its support pages, so it should start within the coming days. We'll keep you posted!