Tonight, TouchType Ltd. released a much-anticipated update to SwiftKey X, the text prediction authority among replacement keyboards. The update brings a ton of improvements, from UI tweaks to performance and language changes, and even prediction enhancements. Perhaps more important than all of that, however, is the fact that SwiftKey X 2.2 has full Ice Cream Sandwich support, and an enhanced multi-touch framework, keeping the keyboard replacement ahead of the curve.
Specifically, the update brings the following changes:
- Full language localization for major European languages (English, Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portugese)
- Intelligent typing support extended to 35 languages, including Arabic and Hebrew
- Enhanced multi-touch framework for faster typing
- Prediction and correction enhancements thanks to a more efficient Fluency engine
- Graphic enhancements, including a better settings menu, alternative character selection and sharing features
- Enhancements to the keyboard to change the height in both portrait and landscape modes
- New Dvorak and Colemak layouts for those who wish to depart from QWERTY
- Reduced memory use
- Full Support for Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
If you aren't already a fan of SwiftKey X, these enhancement should go a long way in convincing you. For those who have been anticipating this update, grab it now from the Android Market!