The Android 4.0 API that was released together with the unveiling of the Galaxy Nexus also brought us, developers, ADT 14 and SDK Tools r14, which quite a few people started having problems with almost immediately. The tools were released in an incomplete state based on my experience with ADT 14-preview, as some serious and known bugs weren't fixed when 14-final came out. I have a feeling the ICS event kind forced the corresponding ADT/tools 14 release and prompted Google to roll it out in what I consider a broken state (many reported crashes, broken Logcat, etc).
Thankfully, the tools team (hi, Tor and Xav!) persistently worked on the issues and just released ADT 15 and SDK Tools 15, brining much relief to those of us experiencing said problems (the un-pausable scrolling Logcat was killing me in the last few weeks).
ADT 15 is updateable from within Eclipse (Help -> Check for updates), while SDK Tools are updatable from within themselves - just start them up and have them check for updates.
Here is what the updates bring to the table.
ADT 15.0.0 (October 2011)
- ADT 15.0.0 is designed for use with SDK Tools r15. If you haven't already installed SDK Tools r15 into your SDK, use the Android SDK and AVD Manager to do so.
- Bug fixes:
SDK Tools r15
SDK Tools, Revision 15 (October 2011)
Important: To download the new Android 4.0 system components from the Android SDK Manager, you must first update the SDK tools to revision 14 or later and restart the Android SDK Manager. If you do not, the Android 4.0 system components will not be available for download.
- Android SDK Platform-tools revision 9 or later.
- If you are developing in Eclipse with ADT, note that the SDK Tools r15 is designed for use with ADT 15.0.0 and later. If you haven't already, we highly recommend updating your ADT Plugin to 15.0.0.
- If you are developing outside Eclipse, you must have Apache Ant 1.8 or later.
- Bug fixes:
- Fixed emulator crash on Linux due to improper webcam detection (Issue 20952).
- Fixed emulator issue when using the
- Fixed build issue when using Renderscript in projects that target API levels 11-13 (Issue 21006).
- Fixed issue when creating an AVD using the GoogleTV addon (Issue 20963).
ant test(Issue 20979).
android update project(Issue 20535).
- Fixed scrolling issue in the new Logcat panel of DDMS.
- Fixed issue with MonkeyRunner (Issue 20964).
- Fixed issues in the SDK Manager (Issue 20939, Issue 20607).