Thunderbolt owners have been waiting a long while to get Gingerbread -- too long, considering this phone was once Verizon's flagship. We've seen several leaked builds come around, all of which experienced a variety of problems. The most recent leak seemed to be the most stable so far, but it was still chock-full of annoying little bugs.
Fortunately, we've gotten a hold of a newer build (2.11.605.5) that fixes a lot of the issues from the 605.3 build, so HTC is clearly heading in the right direction.
Here's a summed up version of what's new in this build:
- HTC Logger removed
- Voicemail notification fixed
- Front facing camera/Gtalk fixed
- MMS/SMS Fixes
- Weather syncing fixes
- ...and more
Sound good? I thought it might. Head below for download and installation instructions.
As always, Android Police is not liable for any damage caused to your device if you choose to use this RUU.
Gingerbread 2.11.605.5 for the HTC Thunderbolt (MD5: c5fda16925a974bbd6cd7007b2cf28f0)
It's the same song and dance as always, so if you've done it before, then you already know what to do.
- After downloading it, rename it to "PG05IMG.zip" Note: If you're doing this from a Windows machine, make sure you don't rename the file "PG05IMG.zip.zip," as Windows hides known file extensions by default.
- Drop the file on the root of the SD Card
- Turn off your device
- Hold Volume Down + Power to reboot into the bootloader -- the file should automatically be detected and the flashing process will begin.
- Wait for your device to complete the process and reboot
The first reboot will take several minutes, so just kick back and let it do its thing. Enjoy!