Baseball fans rejoice, MLB has released an Android App that provides an easy and fun way of keeping track of your favorite team as it progresses through the 2011 Postseason. The MLB.com At Bat 11 for tablets is chock-full of enough stats, information, schedules and live ball-by-ball coverage to keep even the most rabid fans satiated during the Postseason.
This app features a number of interesting and innovative features, including:
- Information from every Postseason game, including series scoreboards, previews, recaps and schedules
- Home and away radio broadcasts
- Gameday pitch-by-pitch tracking features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks in partnership with MLB 11: The Show
- U.S. and Canada users can also watch the National League Championship Series broadcast complement with access to Postseason.TV (with the ability to choose from up to 10 stationary camera angles or four simultaneously in quad mode)
- International Users, who have a subscription to MLB.TV, can watch every Postseason game
- View archived games available for the 2011 Postseason (requires MLB.TV subscription)
- In-progress video highlights
- Breaking news, standings, schedules, rosters and stats
The smartphone version of the app has been out for some time, and, aside from having widgets, it is practically the same as the tablet version. However, the smartphone version costs 99 cents (there is a free lite version), so there is a good chance that once the tablet version is out of beta users will have to start paying.
The app is available for download now, but requires Android 3.0+ Honeycomb.