This edition focuses only on new tablet apps or ones that added Honeycomb support. Regular apps and games are coming soon.
Antipaper Notes HD
Can't ever have enough note-taking apps on tablets, right? I love the UI on this one - it's absolutely gorgeous.
Simple and comprehensive handwriting application. You're no longer limited by the provided app functionality and pesky keyboard — now you're in charge! Just take your finger or stylus and write down whatever you want, however you want! Just like on the real paper, but much better!
With Antipaper Notes you can:
- Take notes. Surprise!
- Take all your notebooks with yourself. Always. You'll never again loose that important note!
- Zoom in a page for more precise writing.
- Choose among colorful pens and highlighter.
- Change paper pattern - while writing!
- E-mail a beautiful, hand-written page.
- Use many colorful pens and highlighters
NFL ‘11 for Android Tablets
Android Police coverage: Official NFL App Comes To Honeycomb Tablets For The 2011 Season
NFL 2011 is the new official Android tablet app of the National Football League (Android 3.0 or higher is required).
- Watch on-demand NFL Network news and info
- Filter your favorite team’s news
- Follow game action with our drive chart and stats
- Tap on team logos to see rosters, team stats, and player info
Media Remote for Tablet by Sony
Hit the Market link for compatible models.
"Media Remote" is an App designed to let you take control of some of Sony’s latest Blu-ray/TV/AV Receiver Products.
- Some of the key features:
1. Simple Remote: this allows you to navigate through the graphic user interface. Simply glide your finger over the screen to move the cursor and tap the centre to select “Enter”.
2. Full Remote: this gives you the option to use the almost same buttons as you would have available on a traditional remote, enabling one touch control of most of the key functions of the Products.
3. Software keyboard: to help you type characters more easily a full QWERTY touch-screen keyboard has been included.
4. View Blu-ray movie information: the App will allow you to view details of the movie you are enjoying ? find information about the cast or directors, or images of the jacket. There is also a seamless link to YouTube to search for content related to the movie.
This is by far my new favorite way to view Hacker News (news.ycombinator.com) on a tablet.
Hacker News reader for Android tablets.
* Browse and view top posts, newest posts, Ask HN posts and jobs posts.
* Share links via email, twitter, facebook, Google+, etc.
* Jump straight to comments by tapping comment bubble
* Supports portrait and landscape.
* Optimized for tablets.
Sunday Ticket for Tablets by DIRECTV
Android Police coverage: DirecTV Brings NFL Sunday Ticket To Honeycomb Tablets, Lets You Keep Up With All Games At Once
Catch every game, no matter where you are.
Whether you're a Cowboys fan living in Colorado, a displaced Steelers fan in Syracuse or a member of the Raider Nation in Raleigh, NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go lets you follow your favorite team no matter where you live. With your DIRECTV NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ To-Go subscription, you can use your NFL SUNDAY TICKET app to watch every game every Sunday no matter where you are — on your Honeycomb Tablet (3.1 and higher). You'll never miss a game, even when you're nowhere near a TV!
Application features include:
- Live Streaming Video: Enjoy every NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ game, plus the RED ZONE CHANNEL®.
- HD Video: 16x9 HD video
- Highlights: Relive the big moments. See all the significant plays from every game, either individually or consecutively.
- Scores, Status, and Schedule: See scores and game status for the current week's completed and in-progress games. Check the schedule for the upcoming games.
- Instant Stats: An indispensable feature for fantasy footballers. Track your favorite players' performance with a touch. Get game and player stats instantly for each game.
aShare - over the air sharing
Interesting photo sharing concept that reminds me of MS Surface (kind of) - check out the video.
Sharing pictures and files between phones and tablets in a whole new way. aShare – a new way to share your pictures and files. Just tap, hold to push files between phones and tablets easily with no cables, no computer, no set up, no copy and paste, no hassle over the air sharing.
Automatic discovery of all devices on your network for file share, copy and view using just one finger. Load files to your active folder from the Camera Roll, File System or even take a picture and share it directly.
Desk View - see files on a interactive worktop, then touch and drag pictures, music and documents. Simply pinch to zoom or resize. Share pictures and articles by tapping and holding to reveal the share view. Sharing is as simple and intuitive as dragging and dropping the item onto the destination.
Android Police coverage: [New App] HoneyBar Hides The Notification Bar On Rooted Honeycomb Tablets With A Single Tap
HoneyBar allows rooted users to toggle the Honeycomb bottom navigation bar. Unfortunately, it seems like Google didn't like the idea and removed it from the Market. Thankfully, we found the app floating around and mirrored it below.
Our download mirror: http://www.multiupload.com/XCA839OXVK
A.I.type Tablet Keyboard Beta
Augmenting the tablet keyboard arsenal (Thumb Keyboard, SwiftKey, etc), A.I. Type's keyboard is now available for Honeycomb devices.
A.I.type's revolutionary text prediction will help you type faster and better!
An intelligent tablet keyboard with revolutionary context-sensitive text prediction, auto-correction, auto-learning, undo/redo/navigation capabilities and cool (and customizable!) skins (Windows8, WP7 and iPhone for instance).
Following the success of A.I.type’s phone version, this is a special version for tablets! It supports well all tablet screen sizes with large buttons and large word-suggestion font. It introduces built-in navigation keys (arrows) and a numeric row at the top, just like any laptop. In addition, we added a split keyboard mode for thumb typing (a special button on the keyboard switches between split and non-split mode)!
* Special tablet features – large buttons and fonts, a numeric row, navigation keys!
* Split keyboard mode for thumb typing!
* Suggests your next word!
* Completes your current word!
* Corrects your spelling as you type!
* Auto corrects your typos when you hit the spacebar (context-sensitive)!
* Automagically learns your common words and style. We call it - MyType (beta!)
* Supports unique skins (Windows Phone 7 skin, iPhone skin, Windows 8 skin, large buttons skin and more).
* Allows skin customization - colors, background images etc.
* Includes a layout for undo/redo/copy/paste/navigation and more (a long click on the letter V will take you there).
Take on nasty hand-drawn enemies in this Asteroids/Geometry Wars inspired sketch orgy and head for the highest score to make yourself a name on the leader boards. SketchWars features beautiful hand-drawn graphics, lots of different enemy types, power-ups to increase your survival chances, multiplier based scoring and online leader boards to pit yourself against other players around the world.
The HD version of the game (only for Android tablets) has dual analog sticks for comfortable playing, additional achievements to enhance the replay value, an separate online leader board and of course ... HD graphics.
AudioManager has long been one of the top apps for controlling audio aspects of Android phones, and now it has a nice tablet UI.
Volume Manager and widget to control your volume levels on your Android phone.
Made by the same buys who developed AudioManager above, Equalizer also received a very nice Honeycomb facelift.
Equalizer app and widget to control your sound effect levels on your phone.
Plasma Sound, a nice music instruments app that's been out for some time now, now has an awesome tablet interface. I'm not sure exactly when it was added, but it's definitely a new find for us here at AP.
Plasma Sound is now the most fully-featured and 100% free music instrument on the Android Marketplace. Beautiful music instrument inspired by the Theremin and the Continuum. When you touch the screen (including multitouch!), a waveform is generated. It's X-Axis is pitch, which is designated by note and octave markings. It's Y-Axis is either volume or filter. Plasma Sound is incredibly configurable! Pick the note range, the waveform, cutoff, delay and more! You can even select between continuous mode, normal keyboard mode, and a sequencer.
On top of all that is a beautiful visual based off of MSAFluid, the same one found in PlasmaFluid (See related applications). The sound is generated by libpd. 100% Ad and cost free.
The source for this program is at: https://github.com/rjmarsan/PlasmaSound
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: [email protected].
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.