We've all been waiting for weeks - nay, months - for Sammy to bring the Galaxy S II to the US. Announcement day is finally upon us despite a bit of a delay due to bad weather, but Sammy has already revealed the Sprint version of the GSII, named the Epic 4G Touch, ahead of tonight's event.
The Epic 4G Touch will sport a larger, 4.52-inch Super AMOLED Plus display, verses the 4.3-inch screen of its global counterpart. This version will also include 4G WiMax connectivity and the familiar 1.2GHz Exynos processor.
While we were hoping for a bump in processing speed up to 1.5GHz, the larger display is definitely a welcome addition.
Update: The full spec list is now available:
- 4.52 inch Super AMOLED Plus display
- Ultra-thin (9.59mm) design
- Samsung Exynos 1.2GHz dual-core processor
- Wimax 4G radio
- Media Hub
- 8MP rear camera and 2MP front camera
- Social Hub
- HD video recording
- Samsung Kies Air
- Wifi calling
- NOVA 2 HD pre-loaded
- Swype pre-loaded
- AES-256 internal/external hardware encryption
- Bluetooth 3.0
- Sprint ID
- Polaris Office
- Hotspot controls up to eight devices
- Android 2.3
- Optional USB Host kit for connection keyboards, cameras, printers and thumb drives
- Optional HDMI adapter
- Multimedia and Car docks will be available
The event is set to kick of at 3:00 PT/6:00 ET this evening, so keep it locked right here for coverage of the remaining carrier's devices.