Last week, an HTC support representative told a customer that the Droid Incredible would not be updated to Gingerbread. Of course, we questioned this claim's validity, as we were absolutely certain that there was a test build on Verizon's servers at the time the statement was issued.
Turns out we were right, as the official update page is now live on Big Red's website. This is pretty good news for Incredible owners -- but the better news is that it's probably coming sooner than you think; possibly as early as this week.
Lets have a look at the changelog:
- Gingerbread -- and all the added enhancements that go along with it
- MMS Messages send correctly
- Successfully play audio files from a message
- Send Vcard through SMS
- Internet connections via Bluetooth now enabled
- VZ Navigator now operates over Wi-Fi
- Change songs in the Music widget by tapping the forward button
- Camera functions successfully without inserting SD card
As you can see, aside from all of the added benefits of Gingerbread, this update also brings several bug-fixes to the Incredible.
There's no official word on when this update will start rolling out, but we'll make sure to keep you updated as new info arises.