Update: The OTA is rolling out now, according to T-Mobile support. Changelog:
- Google Videos - A new Videos app has been added that allows you to buy and rent movies.
- Recent apps list expanded - The recent apps list has been expanded to show all apps recently used. After opening the apps list, touch one of the apps to access it.
- Home screen resizable widgets - Widgets built-in to Android 3.0 (Calendar, Email, Gmail, etc.) can now be resized vertically or horizontally on any one of the five home screens.
- USB accessory support - Customers can now attach a keyboard, pointing device, or gamepad to the G-Slate for use with typing, gaming, etc.
- Force close issues in the Google Talk and Music applications
- Improved browser and widget responsiveness
Like always, this update is rolling out incrementally, so it should hit your device sometime relatively soon. Thanks again, Aaron!
So here's a bit of Monday afternoon good news for anyone with the LG G-Slate: according to the LG Forums, Android 3.1 should start rolling out to the 8.9 inch tablet today or tomorrow. In a thread full of complaints about the bugginess of the G-Slate, LG Product Pro, a forum moderator, dropped in to spread some good news to the disgruntled users:
We've yet to receive any reports from users that the update has actually hit their device, but this is still good news. We'll make sure to keep you posted as more info arises.
[LG Forums; Thanks, Aaron!]