- Baseball Superstars II by GAMEVIL
- Platinum Air Hockey (Free) for Honeycomb tablets
- Captain America
- Destroy Gunners Free
- Deflecticon Lite
- Biofrenzy: Frag The Zombies!!
- Tap-Tap Rockets
- Save Toshi
- Colosseum by GAMEVIL
- The Marbians
- Bloo Kid
- Wrecking Baller
- Death Cop – Mechanical Unit
- Defense Craft Strategy HD Free
- Trainz Simulator
- Zombie Runaway by Com2Us
- Racing Moto
- GT Racing: Motor Academy Free+ by Gameloft
- Falling Fred
- Tigers of the Pacific Lite
- Iron Plane HD
- Platinum Solitaire 3 by Gameloft
- Nexus Defense
- Zombie Juice
- Bouncy Mouse
- Fantasy Kingdom Defense
- Angry Bots Demo
- Tour de France 2011 – Official Game
- Green Farm by Gameloft
- Fruit Ninja Free
- Arma II: Firing Range THD
- Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
- Comments (14)
This edition focuses only on new games. The app roundup is coming up soon, and you can find the tablet app roundup here.
Looking for the previous roundup editions? Find them here:
Baseball Superstars II by GAMEVIL
This is the 2nd part of one of the best baseball games on Android, even if you don't like baseball. Excellent reviews all around.
Baseball Superstars II is a full featured baseball game with 7 different modes to satisfy everyone's needs. 7 different modes include Exhibition, My League, Season, Homerun Race, Tournament, Mission and Match Mode to guarantee endless play time.
Platinum Air Hockey (Free) for Honeycomb tablets
There are many air hockey games on the Market already, but this one deserves a mention because of these reasons:
- it's made specifically for Honeycomb
- it has Wi-Fi 2-player mode, which I haven't seen in any other air hockey game
- you can switch up the looks to make it look like soccer, basketball, etc
- it has the most over-the-top video preview any other air hockey game has ever been accompanied with (Update: I didn't mean it in a bad way at all - real hockey games would be lucky to have some awesome trailers :-] )
Switch is a racing game similar to Speedx 3D. It has touch controls to switch lanes, which I absolutely love (I can't stand tilt controls personally).
Sentinel of Liberty features stunning HD graphics! Play as the Super Soldier Captain America in this epic action game. As WW2 rages, Red Skull is leading HYDRA as they build super weapons that will turn the tide of the war. To make matters worse, Falsworth, Dum Dum Dugan and Bucky have been captured. Go behind enemy lines to rescue them and put an end to the sinister plot. Use your unbreakable shield to battle, block, and maneuver your way on what seems like a suicide mission.
Destroy Gunners Free
Live Mech Warrior type games? You may want to check out Destroy Gunners.
This title is new generation 3D action shooting game that exceeded any past game machines. A player can control realistic armed robot intuitively by touch panel control and every player can experience impressive battle scenes easily.
Pong. In 3D. And it's awesome. That's all you need to know.
Deflecticon is a retro arcade game that challenges your reactions and timing. Based on classic games such as 3D Pong and Curve Ball, Deflection features unique features including power-up's and new game play modes. NOTE: This is the Demo version. Some options will not be available.
• Fast paced arcade action
• Constantly challenging
• Multiple AI's- each with their own unique ability
• Unique power-up's that allow you to control time and more
• Multiple game modes
• Great music by Fantomenk! (http://www.myspace.com/FantomenK)
• Install on SD Card
• Multi-player – Challenge your friends!
Roboto is a very well done platformer with excellent graphics. Looked absolutely great on my Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Roboto is an action packed platformer with over 30 exciting levels, epic end boss battles, and addictive minigames. Want to try before you buy? Play a free online demo at: www.fenixfire.com/roboto.html
✭ 30 Galvanizing Levels – Explore over 30 unique and challenging levels
✭ Perplexing Action Puzzles – Master tons of acrobatic platform puzzles
✭ Super-Powered Weapons – Blast every bad tempered bot that stands in your way
✭ Power Up System – Boost Roboto’s abilities with powerful upgrades
✭ Epic Boss Battles – Face off against megalithic mech robots
✭ Mini Games – Play challenging arcade style unlockable minigames
✭ Shredding Soundtrack - Killer all original punk rock soundtrack
✭ OpenFeint – Full leaderboard and achievement support
✭ XPERIA PLAY Optimized – full feature support for the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
Biofrenzy: Frag The Zombies!!
Biofrenzy is a side scrolling zombie game similar to Zombieville USA with awesome graphics and over 20 weapons. Watch the video to see all the slashing and exploding zombies in this game have to endure.
A gigantic asteroid field is drifting through space threatening all planets in the system! Use your rockets to destroy as many asteroids as possible before they collide with any planets.
Tap-Tap-Rockets is a truly riveting skill-testing game featuring a very original, extremely simple gameplay concept, 27 levels of increasing difficulty, as well as different bonuses and useful power-ups to collect. Very easy at the beginning, the pace of the game progressively accelerates to offer a genuine challenge for all gamers who like competing for the high score.
The description is pure gold: "Every time mega popstar Toshi dances... a demon dies! This is why the evil demons kidnapped Toshi and made her forget how to walk."
Without her supernatural dancing powers the world is in danger! Your mission is to help Toshi get to the dance-floor area by shooting and smashing down the different types of blocks she is standing on. Save Toshi (for iOS) reached the #7 Top Paid iPhone Puzzle Game in the US and was featured on iTunes under Best Puzzle Games. Over 1 million people have already saved Toshi, giving the game an average rating of 4.5 (out of 5). This free android version comes with 1 free level pack (20 levels).
* Amazingly fluid and realistic 3d physics
* 100 fun and challenging levels with a smooth difficulty curve
* Outstanding variety of different game-play elements
* Intuitive and super easy to pick up controls
* Easy and straightforward learning process with in-game tutorials
* Hint system available for all levels
* Simple stars scoring system (based on number of shots)
* Unlock levels for free using Tapjoy’s offerwall
* Cute and hilarious lead anime character
* HD quality 3D graphics
* Unlock new outfits, music & environments
Colosseum by GAMEVIL
Yet another side-scrolling slasher, this time from GAMEVILLE. Love it.
The original Colosseum has finally landed on the Android Market. Mercilessly kill monsters in this awesome action packed RPG.
Employ different tactics and master the skills of your various melee and ranged weapons. Slay monsters and earn money to upgrade your weapon and equipment inventory.
ENDLESS ACTION PACKED FUN
Infinite number of stages and various types of monster pattern
5 types of melee weapon and 4 types of ranged weapon to equip and customize
UPGRADE YOUR PALADIN
3 levels of weapon upgrade and 2 types of equipment
Perform ice, lightning, fire and meteor type magical effects to slaughter evil
The Marbians have crashed landed in Roswell New Mexico and need your help to get them home in this retro, marble-themed puzzler. Fling and Flick the marble-encased aliens through 72 puzzling levels to get them back to their UFOs and on their way home.
The Marbians is a physics-based marbles game where players will send Marbians careening off walls and around obstacles to collect moon rocks, rack up points and bonuses, and reach their UFO homes. Smack your Marbian off walls at high speed for more points, collect all the moon rocks you can, and see your alien friends safely home.
If you love Super Mario (who doesn't?), you may want to check out Bloo Kid.
Help Bloo Kid to rescue his girlfriend from the hands of the evil Wizard in this fancy retro-style "one-screen" platformer. Jump and run your way through 60 action-packed levels spread across five unique worlds.
I love destroying things, and there's a lot of destruction in Wrecking Baller.
Wrecking Baller is a really fun casual game where you control a destruction ball that must demolish buildings for a corrupted construction company which you were forced to work. After getting free, you go on a rampage to revenge the poor babies, cops and teachers made homeless and for that you will have to destroy everything that they built! But be prepared, because on your quest there will be lots of items you can use, lot's of enemies trying to hunt you and lot's of DESTRUCTION YEAH!
* A complete campaign mode with 20 levels
* An unlockable, infinite arcade mode!
* Open Feint enabled
* Full fledged physics-enabled wrecking ball
* Lot's of fun
* Bonus and secret levels wich enables cool stuff
* And many, many more!
Death Cop – Mechanical Unit
Look at that - 2 Mech games in the same week. It's Mech-mas in Android land.
On a planet at war, a new brigade of mechanical soldiers was created to fight the attacks from experimental and modified creatures commanded by the enemy forces. They are the last resort of a devastated civilization which struggles to avoid its own extinction. A brigade of giant destructors equipped with powerful weapons designed and devised for the purpose of annihilating the hordes of the enemy. Choose one of the three different Mechs depending on the type of mission and help win this war. Beginning by freeing the main communication facility at the capital city, the different missions will lead you through snow-capped mountains, an abandoned prison in the desert and more, up to the space. As your level rises up, you will be able to equip a higher number of armaments and your team will provide you with more powerful weapons.
- 3 Mechs with different features.
- 16 missions in different locations combining three playing modes.
- 11 powerful weapons: UZI, magnum, grenade launcher, sniper, machine gun, shotgun, flamethrower, rocket launcher, missile launcher, electric cannon and saw.
- Amazing 3D graphics depicting very different locations.
Defense Craft Strategy HD Free
This is no Age of Empires, but Defense Craft Strategy looks like a pretty good (at least by mobile standards) real-time strategy/RPG mix. Works on tablets too.
The ultimate connection of real time strategy, tower defense and adventure rpg meets in one game - Defense Craft.
Designed especially for large screens. Include very big maps, HD graphics, dynamic action, many units kinds, monsters, varied locations.
Explore desert and snow lands. Travel to far islands. Fight against knights, archers, trolls, orcs, dragons, skeletons and many other enemies. Train your own units in castles. Build different towers. Upgrade towers range, damage, speed and strength. Your towers and soldiers gain experience during fight so become stronger and harder to kill like in RPG games.
Extract gold from mines. Defense different castles. Epic medieval battles with tens of enemies. Special units, magic towers. Real time strategy for tablets and smartphones with big screen. New quality of RTS strategy games for mobile entertainment. The game is made especially for you.
If you woke up today with an uncontrollable desire to build trains, check out Trainz Simulator. I would personally never play a game like this, but then again, I never play Tycoon and other simulators either, yet they are pretty popular.
Trainz Simulator includes everything you need to build and operate your own dream railroad. You can build a fun layout in minutes, faithfully recreate a railroad from days gone by or develop a fully fledged prototypical route; the choice is yours.
• Touch input makes driving Trains, laying tracks, creating layouts and completing scheduled tasks a breeze.
• More Accessible! Take Trainz with you anytime, anywhere.
• Drive Loads of Trains.
• Operate a complete working rail line.
• Build and customize your own living railroad using our advanced route creation tool called “Surveyor”.
• Trainz Simulator THD offers advance visual effects such as lighting, weather effects, fog, higher detail Trains, beautiful water, increase performance and 2 new routes with all new sessions.
Zombie Runaway by Com2Us
The tables have turned, and now the zombies are running away from YOU.
Zombie Runaway is a game where you dodge, run, and jump to keep the last zombie left on earth away from humans.
1) Zombie runs on Various Modes!
Runaway as much, or even better, as fast as you can on Normal Mode, or try to crash as many tombstones in the given time on Blitz Mode.
2) Get ready for Surprises and More Addictive Fun!
- Indestructible on a Booster! Crush all rocks and gravestones on our different Boosters!
- The more stones you crush on boosters, the more hearts you recover!
- Watch out for spiked rocks! Crash into them and Zombie dies on the spot!
- Crush more stones to get extra time on Blitz!
3) Gear up Your Zombie with Cool Items!
Special power with extra-special Gears! Make sure your Zombie has geared up for his last runaway. Your Zombie will be thrilled to run this breathtaking getaway!
Racing Moto is basically a Lane Splitter clone, though from the looks of it and the comments, it may actually be done better (4.4 stars) than the original (4.3 stars).
Racing Moto is a fast paced racing game. You never dare drive so fast in the real world! Control your moto with incredible fast speed during traffic rush time! Also enjoy beautiful view during the journey - desert, city, bridge, sea and forest!.
GT Racing: Motor Academy Free+ by Gameloft
Gameloft's controversial racing game that you can download for free but comes with so many in-app purchases that you can easily sell your house and still come up short. When reviewing it, Matt was surely not happy about it at all.
FULL GAME KEY FEATURES
• 26 manufacturers and 111 licensed cars to buy, drive and upgrade including the Nissan GT-R, Audi R8, top of the line Ferrari models and even the Ford Model T.
• A new and elaborate physics engine particular to each car for the most realistic driving simulation on Android devices. Master your racing skills and tune your car just right to maximize performance.
• A wide variety of tracks, from the official Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca to urban tracks, speed rings and rally tracks.
• A huge and fascinating Career mode: Pass license tests and enter to win increasingly prestigious racing events.
• Play against drivers from all over the world with local and online multiplayer for up to 6 players. Reach the top of the GT Racing: Motor Academy leaderboards.
Falling Fred is an interesting take on racing games with obstacles, except instead of racing, you are falling and bleeding all over the screen. Awesome.
Lead Fred in his futile exercise to avoid the inevitable - becoming a human slice of minced meat. Dodge obstacles, avoid limb damage when possible but remember to keep your head attached to your shoulders (and without smashing it too much), or it’s the end of the trip for you.
* Many characters to choose from
* Plunge through over 30 different hazards
* Watch the replay of your "landing"
* Share your fall with your friends over Facebook and Twitter
* Dismemberment and gore galore for the whole family (assuming that all your children are over 21)
* Amazing 3D sounds
Tigers of the Pacific Lite
Take flight on a death defying journey across the Pacific and join the dogfight against a gang of ruthless fighter pilots. Tigers of the Pacific features quick action gameplay combined with awe inspiring 3D graphics and awesome audio and effects. The free Lite version offers a small taste of the exciting full game!
Lite Game Features:
* 6 missions across different sky scapes (20 in the full version)
* Multiple upgrades and special power ups
* 3 challenging end level boss fights (5 in the full version)
* 2 difficulty levels to conquer (4 in the full version)
* Shoot 'em up action gameplay in a stunning 3D environment
* Tilt controls and analogue controls
Iron Plane HD
IronPlane HD may not seem like anything special, but it has a mind-blowing 5-star average, which seems to imply that people are loving it, and there's something truly special the developer, SwanAngel, created here.
IronPlane HD is an arcade shooter where you take control of an advanced aircraft and fight aliens in different worlds. From ships to spaceships you are fighting enemies at sea, land, sky and space. Your aircraft is equipped with a laser, atomic missiles, bombs and more ...
- amazing graphics
- beautiful music
- challenging boss battles
- deep upgrade system
- touch and motion sensor controls
Platinum Solitaire 3 by Gameloft
If you love solitaire games, Platinum Solitaire 3 by Android's both most talented execution-wise and least creative idea-wise game studio, Gameloft, is definitely worth checking out.
Get ready to trot the globe in pursuit of the good life! Play big, earn some cash, and build your casino empire! Eager to play classic Solitaire? Quickplay mode will provide instant fun. But this new version also lets you enjoy 16 other addictive card games. Unlock new locations and challenges as you progress through the game. But remember: no risk means no reward!
- Play classic Solitaire for hours & try to beat your best score; you’ll be addicted in no time!
- Enjoy 17 different card games for all types of fun, including Spider, FreeCell, and Pyramid.
- Easy-to-understand tutorials and in-game hints will help you to start having fun right away.
- Win high stakes games all over the world & build a reputation in Rio, Dubai, Paris, Vegas & more.
- Adjusted betting system helps beginners get started but creates lots of challenge for experts.
- Unlock tons of new content as you progress: New characters, locations, magic tricks & more!
Strategic Sci-Fi Tower Defense with high resolution Graphics.
* Mobile Sci-Fi tower defense
* Very detailed high resolution graphics
* Fast hardware accelerated graphics engine
* 2 free challenging maps (lite version)
* 2 free survival maps (lite version)
* Interactive terrain enhances gameplay experience
* Online highscore ranking
* Tower defense with open path
* Both high and low terrain
* 6 different upgradeable towers
* Graphics engine supports also old devices (Android 1.6 or higher required)
* Highly strategic gameplay (be creative)
Another zombie game? Do we not already have enough? Absolutely, and no way, says Bifrost Studios as it showcases its new slasher. If you've been dreaming about delicious zombie juice (eww), grab this game and see the undead explode all over your screen.
If you like colourful characters, things that go bump in the night…and getting a little messy at times, you will LOVE “Zombie Juice”! See em, Slash em, and Juice em up! Mixing furious excitement with a simple strategic element, this game will keep you coming back for more and more juice-filled mayhem!
People everywhere are boarding up their houses in the face of the Zompocalypse spreading through the city and surrounding suburbs! Defend your front yard from the safety of your garden fence with the help of your little friends the Garden Gnomes, before falling back to the warmth of your bedclothes to defend against the childhood monsters in your closet! With a creatively cool arsenal of household items-turned-weapons at your disposal, they have the numbers but you have the firepower! Will they get the delicious brains they’re after? You decide!
All was good on Mouse Island until the thieving Captain Cat stole the Big Cheese! Help Bouncy Mouse get the Big Cheese back and restore peace to the world. It's a big task for a little mouse!
Use his elastic tail to shoot, sling, and fly Bouncy Mouse through 30 beautiful levels in three exciting worlds. Avoid Spiky Bees, grab on to magic pegs, bounce off of Bumper Birds, and eat as much cheese as you can. It's an epic adventure for all Mouse-kind!
* Challenging physics-based gameplay!
* Punch the lights out of Captain Cat when you win!
* Unlock secrets by collecting 100% cheese in each level: customize your mouse!
* Can you get through each level without losing a heart?
* Perfect for both tablets and phones!
* Delightful music in each world!
Just a few years after its release, Carcassonne became a modern classic and a must-play. Turn by turn, the players create a landscape by placing tiles with roads, cities, fields, and cloisters. The players deploy their followers - knights, monks, thieves, or farmers - to earn points. The player with the most points after the final scoring wins the game. The ever-changing landscape makes each game a new experience. With the official expansion "The River II" and 12 challenges, it never gets old. You can play against clever AI opponents or with up to 4 other players in a local multiplayer match.
- Mobile version of the award-winning tile-based board game "Carcassonne"
- Includes the official expansion "The River II"
- Features 12 challenges
- Clever AI opponents with individual strategies
- Local multiplayer mode for up to 5 players
- Tutorial and manual for beginners
- Language Support: English, German, French, Spanish
Fantasy Kingdom Defense
Your kingdom is under attack. The Evil Lord is throwing his army of demons at the gates of your castle, and only you can stop him! Take command of an elite unit of elf archers, sword-wielding knights, powerful mages and fire-breathing dragons in this epic new swords-and-sorcery tower defense game.
Featuring two different game modes and more than 20 levels, Fantasy Kingdom Defense is entirely free to play and offers a wealth of achievements, awards, and exciting close-quarters strategic combat.
- Engaging fantasy storyline.
- Action and strategy in equal measure.
- Close-quarters combat and long-distance artillery units.
- Campaign and Survival modes.
- Twenty one different levels across three fantasy worlds.
- Three difficulty levels.
- Entirely free-to-play, with optional in-app purchases.
- Ten different types of defensive and attack units available.
- Upgrade units, castles and defenses in the Elven shop.
- Multiple awards and achievements to complete.
- Online leaderboards for all game modes.
- Outstanding fantasy-art visuals and full soundtrack.
- Real cash prizes to be won by topping the online leaderboards.
Fishing Joy is an engrossingly playable and incredibly addictive game. The goal? To catch the most magnificent fish in the sea and get rewards from doing so.
The game features a stunning magnitude and mesmerizing array of fish, giving the gamer a real visual treat. The attention to detail, length of play, visual experience, and sound quality all add to the game’s replay appeal. The player is virtually transported into the amazing depths of the ocean floor and, equipped with his trusty netting, tries to snag as many colorful swimmers as possible, while collecting the rewards that the prized fish can offer.
Once the player accumulates sufficient rewards and the Power Gauge is full, he is granted a special laser gun, which has the ability to eliminate anything and everything in its path. One shot of its powerful beam can annihilate even the most difficult sharks. There are 7 sizes of fishing nets, of which the player can upgrade from smallest to largest. The larger the fishing net, the greater becomes the player’s ability to capture the bigger and more valuable fish.
Angry Bots Demo
This is not really a game, but rather a demo of the Unity 3D engine, which I found rather impressive, but extremely boring. Download it just to check out what Unity is capable of, if you want.
Aww, the good old Chapayev. I remember playing it quite a bit growing up in the mother Ukraine. And now I can play it on my Android... I mean, AndЯoid.
Chapayev is a strategic game played on a checkerboard, crazy popular throughout former USSR countries. The game is named after the Russian Civil War hero, Red Army commander Vasily Chapayev, who was a very brave and funny man with a great heart and extraordinary sense of humour.
The aim is to knock all the opponent's pieces off the board while keeping as many yours as possible.
Tour de France 2011 – Official Game
The Official Game of the Tour de France. Become the team manager for your favorite team and then become a legend as you lead your team to victory. Manage the peloton and deal with breakaways, climbs, accidents, loss of form, and more. TAKE CONTROL and take part in the most realistic virtual Tour de France ever seen. Choose the correct racing strategy and the best tactical plans. Expose the weaknesses of your competitors, and attack with your team in full force.
Green Farm by Gameloft
First of all, all you Farmville people out there, I hate you. OK, fine, I don't hate you, I just can't stand Farmville. But if you can't go a day without watering your crops and planting potatoes, you will probably love Gameloft's newest game, Green Farm, freshly ripped straight off the Farmville concept.
Just remember - do not even thinking of inviting me, or I will send hordes of angry zombies with Arby's roast beef sandwiches to your door.
It’s your farm; make it any way you want. A fresh design with limitless options.
• ADDICTIVE: Get hooked on farm life as you raise crops, trees & livestock.
• UNIQUE: Earn coins to buy a variety of seeds, animals and buildings.
• AWESOME: Make juice & cheese, or develop specialties like carpentry.
• NEW: The fun never ends thanks to frequent updates!
• And MORE: Customize your avatar, take on missions & utilize tractors, robots and more.
Fruit Ninja Free
Fruit Ninja, the original fruit slasher, is now available as a free download (probably with ads or in-app purchases content). However, according to comments, it runs much slower than the paid or iOS versions. Hopefully, Halfbrick fixes it soon, before it dips below 4 stars.
And if you're wondering where the 2000+ reviews are (the Market only shows 2 pages here in the States), you can see them if you load it with the Australian locale turned on.
Arma II: Firing Range THD
I'm not sure why anyone would want to actually play this game (can we even call it a game?), but if shooting guns at a firing range is your kind of beans, whip out the $2 and show us your gun permit.
Arma II: Firing Range THD is the ultimate firing range simulation. Pick a weapon from dozens available. Examine it within an interactive 3D preview and study its specs – or try it out immediately! Several highly detailed firing ranges with different game modes wait for you to show your best. Compete with other players in online leaderboards. Unlock all the achievements.
Know A Worthy New App? Let Us Know!
If you have an application in mind for the next issue of the roundup, feel free to send us an email and let us know.
Important: there are 2 requirements in order for the app to be considered, listed below.
- the app's launch date has to be no longer than 2 weeks ago
- it has to be original, ground-breaking, well-reviewed, interesting, fun, etc - the cream of the crop
Now, if and only if the above requirements have been satisfied, fire up an email to this address: email@example.com.
1 sponsored placement per week is available (your app would be featured at the top and marked as sponsored) - please contact us for details.