If you're a myTouch 4G user, we have some great news to bring to you today! A post has been written on the T-Mobile support forums announcing that the Gingerbread rollout will begin with a limited pilot starting from today, and it will reach all myTouch 4G users by the end of this year.
According to the post, "a broader rollout to myTouch 4G customers will begin in the coming weeks" so if you aren't rocking Gingerbread this week, be patient! In addition to the release of the latest version of Android, there are a number of new features rolling out with the update.
- New features:
- 2010 Exchange compatibility
- New version of Swype
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS
- Improved issues:
- Bluetooth® audio works better when answering a call from phone and Bluetooth is paired
- Display is more stable and responsive during boot up or use
- Domestic roaming data connection is more stable
- Message inbox saves
- Various software and stability improvements
If you have a myTouch 4G, be sure to let us know how the update goes on in the comments!