While the official Gingerbread OTA for the Incredible 2 started rolling out a couple of days ago, there are some users running a previously leaked version of 2.3 that are left out in the cold with no way of updating - until now, that is. Thanks to an anonymous tipster calling himself Pig Benis, we've gotten a hold of the official RUU from Verizon with the build number 2.18.605.4 (the same as the OTA) for your flashing pleasure.
This will get you up to date with the latest as of July 13th stock build from HTC, so if you're tinkering with your device and something goes horribly awry, you can use this to save the day.
- Download the 285.96 MB RUU from our mirror
- the full name is PG32IMG_RUU_Vivo_W_VERIZON WWE_2.18.605.4 Radio_1.09.01.0622 NV_VZW1.92 release_200325_signed.zip
- MD5: 9bdd8f997d3e465f4d9c20a4256920b6
- Rename the file to "PG32IMG.zip" (without quotes)
- Place it on the root of the SD Card, unplug the USB cable
- Boot into the bootloader: turn off the device, hold power and volume down (make sure the phone is not connected to the computer)
- Follow the on-screen directions