Last Updated: June 5th, 2012
It's no secret that there's an update coming to the HTC Thunderbolt that should start tonight - but no one likes to wait, so - thanks to TeamAndIRC - we've got you covered with an exclusive download.
This update brings a number of fixes to the Thunderbolt, including the annoying reboot issue. Other notable fixes:
- Improved data connectivity
- Enhanced call history view
- Improved Bluetooth discovery
- People search enabled
- Desktop cradle app
- ...and more.
*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*THIS WILL WIPE YOUR DATA*
- Download the file below, and re-name it to (without quotes) "PG05IMG.zip"
- Place PG05IMG.zip on the root directory of your SD card
- Turn off your Thunderbolt
- Holding Volume Down and then Power simultaneously, wait until the phone boots into the bootloader - it should begin flashing the update immediately.
- Wait, up to several minutes, for your device to reboot.
It's worth noting that it is not recommended that rooted users flash this update, as it will break root. However
, if you just can't live without it - our existing root method
should still work.
Grab it, flash it, and enjoy.
Cameron is a self-made geek, Android enthusiast, horror movie fanatic, musician, and cyclist. When he's not pounding keys here at AP, you can find him spending time with his wife and kids, plucking away on the 6-string, spinning on the streets, or watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre on repeat.