Yep, you read that right - you can pick up a DROID 3 right now from Verizon's online store, complete with free overnight shipping for $199 on a new 2-year agreement or eligible upgrade. If you're a new customer planning to switch to Verizon (or planning to add a line), it's worth noting that you'll be subject to Verizon's new tiered data plans as of today. You can also buy it off contract, and it's not too expensive, either - it'll cost you $460 commitment-free.
If you're getting the D3 on an eligible upgrade, there's no need to worry - you can keep your all-you-can-eat unlimited data, unless you're coming from a featurephone data plan, in which case you'll be forced into tiered data as well. But enough with all that, what's the DROID 3 packing? Let's do a quick refresher:
- 4" QHD display (960x540)
- Dual-core 1GHz TI OMAP 4430 processor (it's faster than a Tegra 2)
- 512MB RAM
- 1080P video capture, front and rear cameras
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- 5-row slide-out QWERTY keyboard
If you want to know even more about the DROID 3, check out the full press release, below:
DROID 3 by Motorola is the world’s thinnest full QWERTY smartphone, and still delivers the power of a dual-core 1 GHz processor for fast multi-tasking. Customers can take stunning photos with the 8-megapixel camera or capture the moment in 1080p HD video. Equipped with Android 2.3, the DROID 3 by Motorola features a brilliant 4-inch qHD display, a roomy 5-row QWERTY keyboard and 3G Mobile Hotspot capabilities, with the ability to connect up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices. DROID 3 by Motorola delivers the power needed to conquer the day whether customers are at home, work or somewhere in between.
· Powered by Android™ 2.3 Gingerbread
· Mirror mode allows you to view and share photos, videos and movies on a larger TV via HDMI output (requires HDMI cable)
· Global ready, allowing customers to enjoy wireless voice and data service in more than 200 countries, including more than 125 with 3G speeds
· Enterprise ready with advanced security policies, device and SD card encryption, complex password support, remote data wipe of device and SD card; document and presentation viewing and editing with Quickoffice®
· Citrix® GoToMeeting® for Android, gives users the ability to attend online meetings while on-the-go, and Citrix Receiver® for Android, a universal software client that allows companies to deliver corporate apps, desktops and data to any corporate- or employee-owned device
· ESP smart dock technology for a tailored experience based on whether DROID 3 is docked in home, office or car settings
· Adobe® Flash® Player 10
· Front-facing camera for still shots and video chat
· Video playback in 1080p HD in mirror mode
Pricing and availability:
· DROID 3 by Motorola is now available online at www.verizonwireless.com, and will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores by July 14 for $199.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Customers that purchase a DROID 3 will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a smartphone data package. New Verizon Wireless customers will have the option of smartphone plans starting at $30 for 2GB of data. Current Verizon Wireless smartphone customers who are upgrading their smartphone can keep their current data plan.
For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.