Yesterday, a signed Gingerbread RUU was leaked for the HTC Incredible 2 by MobileUnderground member Football. xgunther and I over at the AndIRC Incredible 2 chat repacked it and made it root-friendly.
Right now, you have to be one of the lucky few to be set S-OFF and rooted by AlphaRevX and running ClockworkMod recovery in order to flash the pre-rooted ROM. For those who are not that lucky (yet), enjoy the pictures and videos while we all wait for AlphaRevX to release the full unlock for the Incredible 2.
Note: Please note that we recommend against flashing the full signed RUU (i.e. the original un-rooted leak), as it will prevent the root and unlock method by AlphaRevX.
- Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits Of Rooting
- Top Android Apps Every Rooted User Should Know About: Part 1 (Apps 1-8), Part 2 (Apps 9-16), Part 3 (Apps 17-25)
- Custom ROMs Explained And Why You Want Them
- How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup
- How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore
- So You Want To Know About Bootloaders, Encryption, Signing, And Locking?
New Features And Known Bug Fixes
- Android 2.3 "Gingerbread"
- Compass orientation is now detected correctly
- Notification LED settings are now correctly applied
- Get More HTC Widgets now included
- Smart dialer now functions correctly
- Calendar app accurately displays birthdays now
PlainJane GB beta 1 for Incredible2
The Good: This is our repack of the leaked RUU. It includes root, SuperUser Permissions, and busybox.
The Bad: In order to apply it, you have to wait for AlphaRevX to release a version with support for the Incredible 2, which should happen soon.
Download: MultiUpload mirror (md5sum eacef9176d3d5764d579635033c01065)
Instructions: Wait for the AlphaRevX unlock method to be available for the Incredible 2, which should happen soon, then flash through ClockworkMod recovery.
Support for this ROM will be done at RootzWiki.
New Radio - 1.09.01.0622
Not required but is advised, flash through the bootloader.
Download: MultiUpload mirror (md5sum 1ead9ca1a36a60c2f7b04241d3049e44)
Instructions: Rename to PG32IMG.zip and place on the root of the SD card, boot into the bootloader (adb reboot bootloader), and allow it to flash.
This is the original leak that we used to cook the ROM above. Do not download it unless you don't care about losing root. Full credit for this RUU goes to football.
The Good: Stock Gingerbread exactly as leaked, flashable on stock unrooted phones.
The Bad: Flashing this will prevent the only known root method from working. We strongly advise that you not to flash it until the Alpharevx unlock method for this phone is released and applied, and you've at least flashed ClockworkMod recovery. If you do proceed with flashing this RUU, it's possible that there will be no upgrade path from this build to stock Gingerbread (unless another official RUU leaks, from which an upgrade path exists - remember, OTAs are sent out as incremental updates from certain versions only). This will also wipe your data. You've been warned.
Download: Filefactory mirror