The guys over at Samfirmware have gotten their hands on an official build of Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread for the European variant of the Samsung Galaxy S GT-i9000. The build date on this is June 3rd, so it's relatively new - but there's no word on whether this is a finalized build or not.
- Rooting Explained + Top 5 Benefits Of Rooting
- Top Android Apps Every Rooted User Should Know About: Part 1 (Apps 1-8),Part 2 (Apps 9-16), Part 3 (Apps 17-25)
- Custom ROMs Explained And Why You Want Them
- How To Fully Back Up And Restore Your Android Phone Using Nandroid Backup
- How To Flash A Custom ROM To Your Android Phone With ROM Manager + Full Backup & Restore
- So You Want To Know About Bootloaders, Encryption, Signing, And Locking?
First off - this is not a flashable .zip file and it must be flashed via Odin. The process doesn't seem to be all that complicated (though I haven't tried it myself); here is a video made by XDA member itskapil showing exactly how it's done. He actually flashes an older build in this video, but the process is still the same.
Got it? Okay - here is the download link, as well as a text based flashing tutorial over at XDA. Good luck!