The wait is over, guys - PopCap's hands down best game, Plants Vs Zombies, finally reached Android minutes ago after many months of anticipation. Normally $2.99, PvZ is available for free exclusively on the Amazon Android Appstore.
The game is a little on the heavy side - be prepared to dedicate 75MB of free space to it (though at least in CyanogenMod, all but 232KB can be moved to SD without any problems).
After a period of exclusivity, PopCap will upload it to the Android Market for everyone to use - until then, it's just us, U.S. folks. Sorry, rest of the world :( (unless you use the tricks posted in the comments that is ;)).
Behold the most ridiculous game trailer I've seen this year:
- Use an arsenal of 49 zombie-zapping plants to stop a mob of hungry undead from invading your home
- Think fast and plant faster--peashooters, wall-nuts, cherry bombs, and other fearsome flora await
- Play through 50 exciting levels in Adventure mode
- Battle 26 types of zombies including pole-vaulters, snorkelers, and bucket-heads
- Requires a Wi-Fi connection to download.
- This app is not tablet-optimized, but will run on most Android tablet devices (some pixelation may be visible during gameplay).
- Plants vs. Zombies will not run on the following devices:
- --Motorola DROID (works fine on Motorola DROID 2 and some DROID X's), Devour, Flipside
- --Samsung Transform, Intercept
- --HTC Aria, MyTouch 3G
- --Sony Ericsson X8
- --Sanyo Zio
- --Kyocera Echo
- --LG Ally
And now, dive into the world of epic battles between the evil zombies and joyful plants, defending themselves using any means necessary. Just be warned - the game is extremely fun, the calling-in-to-work-sick kind of fun (not that I advocate such behavior!).Amazon Appstore]