Official word just came our way from Verizon that the LG Revolution will be available at Verizon beginning tomorrow. Let's be honest: the Revolution is not an exciting device, and as with the Charge, is probably overpriced for what it is. But then again, it's not as though the Revolution is sub-par, either:
- 1GHz Snapdragon processor
- Verizon LTE
- Android 2.2 (ಠ_ಠ)
- 4.3" 480x800 display
- Bing (ಠ_ಠ)
- 5.0MP camera with flash (rear), 1.3MP (front)
- 720p video recording
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi
- 16GB microSD card preinstalled
Aside from the LTE, some fairly average specs by today's standards. Still, the similarly-equipped Droid Incredible 2 managed to impress me, and David had a chance to play with the Revolution at CTIA and came away with a positive impression.
Full press release:
REVOLUTION™ BY LG ARRIVES FOR VERIZON WIRELESS
Dynamic Trio of 4G LTE, Entertainment and Power Combine To Make Revolution™ by LG
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and SAN DIEGO – Verizon Wireless and LG Mobile Phones today announced Revolution™ by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online atwww.verizonwireless.com on May 26.
An entertainment powerhouse, Revolution by LG is the first Android™ smartphone preloaded with the Neflix application, allowing Netflix subscribers access to movies and television shows. Revolution customers can capture and share HD images or videos on a 4.3-inch capacitive touchscreen. Built-in HDMI output and SmartShare capability allow customers to share multimedia content with HDMI capable displays, creating an exceptional entertainment experience.
· 4G LTE – customers can expect download speeds of 5 to 12 Mbps and upload speeds of 2 to 5 Mbps in 4G Mobile Broadband coverage areas
· 1 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon® processor
· Android™ 2.2 platform
· Access to more than 200,000 apps available to download from Android Market™
· Bing® Search and Maps
· Adobe® Flash® Player
· Rear-facing 5.0-megapixel camera with autofocus and LED flash
· 1.3-megapixel front-facing camera for video chat
· 720p HD video recording and playback
· Wi-Fi connectivity 802.11 b/g/n
· Mobile Hotspot capability allows customers to share 4G LTE with up to 8 Wi-Fi-enabled devices or a 3G connection with up to 5 devices
· Bluetooth® Version 3.0 Support Profiles: headset, hands-free, object push, advanced audio distribution (stereo), audio/video remote control, file transfer, phone book access
· V CAST Apps
· Virtual QWERTY keyboard with SWYPE technology
· Equipped with Dolby® Mobile a for rich listening experience
· Extensive image editor includes: crop, rotate, resize, apply filters, image adjustments, draw, write, erase and add stamps
· 16 GB preinstalled microSD card™
Pricing and availability:
· Revolution by LG will be available in Verizon Wireless Communication Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $249.99 with a new two-year customer agreement.
· Revolution customers will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan and a data package. Nationwide Talk plans begin at $39.99 for monthly access. An unlimited data package is available for $29.99 for monthly access. The Mobile Hotspot feature will be included for a limited time at no additional charge.