As promised, Playbox today brought the console racing experience to Tegra 2 devices with the release of Bang Bang Racing THD. This top-down racer, previously available on XBOX 360 and Playstation 3, is one of the soon to be numerous games optimized for multicore phones and tablets. With the added device power comes a level of physics that is yet unknown in mobile gaming.
Let's just hope all that new hotness is worth the relatively high cost. At $7.99 for an introductory price (i.e. the price is going even higher soon) this isn't the cheapest game on the Market, but judging from the gameplay videos it may just earn the price tag.
Here's a quick breakdown of some of the features of this game:
- A brand new IP giving you an exclusive home console experience for your mobile device.
- 8 stunning tracks based on world-wide locations.
- 4 Racing classes including: Muscle based “N-Dura”, Sports style “Evo GT”, ALPS based “Protech” and open wheel style “Apex”.
- 20 cars in total with each car having its own handling model and selection of skins.
Dynamic objects including exploding water, oil and fire barrels, as well as cones and tyres.
- The game also features, single race, time trial, championship and reverse track modes.
- In-depth unlockable achievements and leaderboards using Openfeint that lets you see where you rank amongst friends and foes globally.
If you are a fan of racing games and Android, give Bang Bang Racing a try. We'd love to know what you think of it.