Announced back in April, the HTC Sensation (Sensation 4G on T-Mobile USA) is undoubtedly the company's most exciting and powerful Android phone arriving in the near future (starting late May in the UK and most likely June in the U.S.). Think of it as T-Mobile's and the rest of the world's response to the HTC EVO 3D on Sprint. This dual-core monster will without a doubt aim to challenge even the current top contender, the screaming fast Samsung Galaxy S2.
To show off the Sensation and its features, HTC put together a 5-minute video, shot in the casually cool style that we've grown to expect from the company. We've already seen scraps similar to this video during the announcement of the T-Mobile Sensation 4G, but the Closer Look here is longer and has more details.
Here are the features highlighted, presented in my favorite bullet-point manner:
- premium unibody construction
- contoured glass along the entire edge of the screen that protects it from sand and dirt
- speedy 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- QHD display (540x960 px)
- Sense 3.0 with awesome and realistic new weather widgets
- "Active" lockscreen with quick controls
- instant capture camera - no waiting whatsoever to take the shot (interesting, can I take this wording to the bank, HTC?)
- 1080p video shooting at 30fps with stereo sound recording
- basic video editing built into Sense
- DLNA for wireless media
- better email, browser enhancements, Wi-Fi printing
- HTC Watch - HTC's streaming video store
- Hi-Fi audio with virtual surround sound
Unfortunately, there was no mention of the Swype-like HTC Trace keyboard in the video, but if you need to refresh your memory and see what that looks like, grace this link with a click of your mouse button.
Can you guess which phone I want next? If you guessed the Sensation, go grab a cookie, because besides the Galaxy S2, no other phone on the market is looking this attractive right now. Damn you, HTC, and your magic powers of video creation!
Source: HTC on YouTube