PowerAMP, hands down the best music player in the Android Market, was updated today to include a couple of long-sought features, most notably true gapless playback and crossfading between tracks. Gapless playback is pure joy for people who listen to a lot of mixtapes broken down into individual songs, and crossfading is the icing on the cake, preferred by many music lovers.
Other notable additions include .cue file support, a silence remover, backing up and restoring settings into the cloud (finally someone's implementing this functionality available ever since Froyo!), and a host of bug fixes. Full changelog along with the app widget and download links awaits you below.
- build 369 - album art selection hot fix
- fade in/out for play/pause/stop/seek/track change
- true gapless for mp3
- silence remover
- .cue file support
- repeat queue
- Genre/Albums list
- queue start/return options
- settings backup/auto-restore to/from cloud (Android 2.2+)
- equalizer presets mass assignment/unassignment
- option to restore built-in Equ presets
- option to show filenames instead of title tags
- playlists re-sorting
- new help
- native wavpack decoder
- bug fixes
If you haven't read our interview with the creator of PowerAMP yet, you owe it to yourself to read it by following this link - the guy is a genius. Great work as always, Max!