If you're a frequent reader, you may remember hearing about the Business Insider Smartphone Survey, which we called out for its biased title and questions. As promised, they have posted the results, and much as we expected, Android absolutely dominated.
- 51.4% of respondents use an Android device (versus 33% for iPhone).
- 54.4% said their next smartphone purchase would be an Android device, compared to a (still impressive) 33.6% for the iPhone.
- 55.7% of Android owners "hate Apple" (heh). 31.2% of Android owners would consider an iPhone if it played better with non-Apple devices.
- Platform was the most important feature when choosing a smartphone with 38.2%, while features came in second at 33.1%.
- Android loyalty runs deep: current Android owners are overwhelmingly likely to purchase another Android device in the future.
And a bonus: it turns out that 5x more survey takers came from an Android fan site than Apple/iPhone fan sites (16.1% vs 3.1%). Pats on the back for everyone.
For a full rundown of the results, hit up the source link below.[Source: Business Insider, thanks for the tip, Mike]