Notion Ink's Adam has been through quite a bit on the long road to last month's launch, including concerns over its legitimacy and policies, ordering snafus, booting problems, and various bugs, but it hasn't stopped the company from steadily working on Adam's second major software patch.
While the first update ended up soft-bricking some devices (preventing them from booting, fixable by full system restore), the second one seems to be safe to apply and contains quite a few fixes and enhancements.
Infamous Greg from Notion Ink Fan does a great job highlighting some of the bugs and demonstrating the fixes in the following videos. People like Greg who spent hours identifying and filing bugs and then testing the fixes are a rare bunch, and although his musical tastes make me question his masculinity at times (I kid, I kid), his efforts are much appreciated by the community:
Finally, here is the full list of the fixes and enhancements in this update, as per Notion Ink's update doc:
• General and application specific stability issues addressed.
• Panel view stability improved.
• Added “Discard Update” feature.
• Downloaded update file verification on completed download.
• New dialog box added to choose network connection while updating.
• Save location of update.js modified; now stored in shared memory.
• Download of new update deletes existing update files, if any.
• Fixed crashing issue while plugging / unplugging external keyboard.
• Resolved GPS coordinate issues.
• Help files updated.
• Fixed tab switching focus and stability issues.
• Fixed inconsistent tab count display in case of multiple tabs fixed.
• Address bar functionality change– tapping “X” will now clear the URL present when in edit mode; else it stops the current page loading.
• Fixed issues with URLs starting with `http://’ and ‘www.’.
• Resolved issues regarding “Update Adam” feature.
• In Text mode, italics for Droid Sans does not exist, so this feature has been disabled for this font.
• 1px size text was not visible; it is now fixed.
• Adam would restart an activity when keyboard is connected, this issue has been resolved.
• Resolved issue where Pause and play caused video to jump 3 second.
• Tapping the home button while playing video, then tapping on the Video player icon in the quick launch panel showed blank screen; it now shows video gallery.
• Fixed issue with opening multiple panels for packages that require this functionality.
• Grid view visibility issue resolved.
• Resolved focus / search issues in ribbon view for apps on the home screen.
• Preview of music files did not stop when played in a full app; this is now fixed.
• Refreshing of panel view made more dynamic.
• Fixed issue of incorrect unread mail count in home panel notification.
• Resolved issue where back button displayed panel view while in full view
Please note, that after this update, you would be able to install all subsequent updates using the "Update Adam" feature under Settings.
The following update is hosted and authorized by Notion Ink themselves, so download away and let us know if you hit any snags.
Credit: Notion Ink Fan