Today, Huawei announced the Ideos X5, its latest addition to the smartphone line targeted at busy professionals whose focus is productivity and connectivity. The device boasts an ultra slim form factor, at just 11.4 millimeters thick, and ergonomic curves complemented by a brushed metal finish.
- 3.8" 800x480 px TFT capacitive display
- 5MP camera with 720p HD video capturing capability, autofocus, and flash
- HSPA+ compatible
- WiFi 802.11n (most likely with b/g as well)
- 4GB onboard memory with expandable SD slot
- Bluetooth 2.1, A-GPS, compass
- 1500 mAh battery
Huawei strives to provide constant connectivity with Facebook and Twitter applications as well as an office suite for business professionals, complete with Word and Excel for creation on-the-go. Unfortunately, the device is currently running Android 2.2 with no official word on a 2.3 upgrade. It will be available this month in Singapore, Hong Kong, and New Zealand, with availability in other countries expected in the coming months. For more information, visit the official press release and product page on Huawei's site.