The latest carrier to secure a version of LG's newest entry-level phone - the Optimus One - is MetroPCS, the country's fifth-largest carrier. It will be the carrier's first Android phone, and will cost just $229 with no contract and $50 for a monthly plan that grants access to unlimited data, talk, and text. The phone will be available in stores and online on November 24, just in times for the holidays. Check out the press release below for more information.
MetroPCS Launches Its First No Contract Android Smartphone with the LG Optimus M(TM)
More than 100,000 apps at your fingertips with nationwide unlimited talk, text and web for just $50 per month
DALLAS, Nov. 22, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Just in time for holiday shopping, MetroPCS Communications, Inc. (NYSE: PCS) and LG Mobile Phones announced today the launch of LG Optimus M(TM), the first Android smartphone from MetroPCS. Available in MetroPCS stores and online starting November 24, LG Optimus M is a sleek Android device with a vibrant 3.2 inch touchscreen that allows consumers to do more with quick access to today's expanding number of applications.
With the LG Optimus M, MetroPCS introduces consumers to the growing Android Market(TM) by helping them stay connected and entertained while on-the-go. With multi-app screens and the Android 2.2 operating system ("Froyo"), LG Optimus M provides instant access to more than 100,000 of the latest applications to fit anyone's lifestyle. The $50 per month no annual contract plan allows consumers to take advantage of Metro USA(SM) nationwide unlimited talk, text and web services.
"This holiday season, we're giving customers what they've wished for -- an affordable Android smartphone with a full spectrum of applications and unlimited services to do more like never before," said Roger Linquist, chairman, president and CEO of MetroPCS. "LG Optimus M opens a path to the growing Android market and takes us one step closer to providing a full-service, postpaid experience while maintaining the affordability, flexibility and predictability of our Wireless for All(SM) services."
"LG and MetroPCS have come together to offer consumers the first no annual contract Android smartphone at an exceptional value," said Tim O'Brien, vice president of consumer and trade marketing for LG Mobile Phones. "LG Optimus M is an easy-to-use handset with the capabilities of the latest Android technology and features to enhance the consumers' experience."
LG Optimus M will be available from MetroPCS for $229 with a $50 monthly service plan. Key features include:
- Games, ringtones and wallpapers, easily accessible through the @metro App Store(TM)
- 100,000+ applications in the Android Market(TM) to do, enjoy and share, and nearly 60 percent of Android Market apps are free
- The latest Android 2.2 operating system to access Google mobile
- Text, e-mail, IM, blogs and streaming video to express yourself whenever, wherever
- A first-class device with superior, high-end champagne finish
- Brilliant 3.2" tempered touchscreen with virtual QWERTY keyboard, Swype embedded
- 3.2 MP camera for sharing pics on social media networks
- Easy Wi-Fi(R) connectivity - for incredibly simple and swift connections to Wi-Fi networks
- Multi-app screens to organize your content and access your stuff quickly and easily