Word on the street is that Droid 2 users are now receiving/pulling a minor update. The official Verizon document on the update reveals a number of improvements:
- Improved battery life
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience
- Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you've inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator is now preloaded on device.
Haven't received yours yet? As we said above, you can force pull the update by hitting Menu -> Settings -> About phone -> System updates.