Wirefly is notorious for its aggressive pricing when it comes to new phones, and we can't blame them: being an online-only seller, they need to offer something exciting to win customers over from the carriers themselves and other retail locations, such as Best Buy or Radioshack.
The T-Mobile G2 preorder deal that went live today is no exception - it beats out all competition:
- $149.99 for new accounts ($199.99 for existing ones). Considering T-Mobile itself isn't even letting non-T-Mo customers preorder at all, this is a pretty damn good deal already. However, read on.
- No tax - Wirefly.com doesn't charge tax, which makes this deal better than even Radioshack's $150 offer and is way under Best Buy's $200 price tag.
- Free shipping - Wirefly is offering ground shipping for free, but in my experience they set your expectation low and then ship via 2-day shipping instead (though don't quote me on this).
For those in need of a quick specs recap, G2's beastly specs are below:
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ MSM7230 mobile processor
- Slide-out QWERTY keyboard, unique Z-hinge design
- Android 2.2 OS
- 3.7” S-TFT WVGA display
- 512 MB of RAM, 4 GB of internal memory
- 8-GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
- 5-megapixel camera with LED flash and autofocus
- 720p HD video capture
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR + A2DP stereo
- 3.5-mm stereo headset
- 4.68” (L) x 2.38” (W) x .58” (H)
- Weight: 6.5 ounces
- Included battery: 1300 mAh Li-ion
- Talk time: up to 6.5 hours
- Standby time: up to 17.5 days
Who's picking one up?